Carlos Sanchez

ArteSuave

100 touches, 89 passes at 95.5% pass accuracy, 10/10 accuracy on long balls, 4 tackles, 2 interceptions and 2 key passes according to whoscored

Wow. I knew he was sensational but my word.

Astonishing all round performance by a player fast becoming a favourite of mine. Thought he was a bit shakey boxing day but I've not seen a performance like today in years.

It's clear he is nailing the DM position now. We need an inbetween box to box player (Delph would still be perfect for this but not going to stay) so I fear next season it will be rotation between Cleverley here full time and Westwood. Then we need an AM player of some description.

Maybe just maybe then we might actually have a top 10 standard midfielder....but then we'll sell Benteke and have a relegation standard strikeforce.

Did anyone see that bit in the first half when the ball was up in the air and about 3-4 players were going for it and he just does this nonchalant little flick to Cleverley ? Had zero impact on the game overall but was a real touch of class

Did anyone see that bit in the first half when the ball was up in the air and about 3-4 players were going for it and he just does this nonchalant little flick to Cleverley ? Had zero impact on the game overall but was a real touch of class

Yeah it was a real touch of class, as you say nothing came of it but it was so good.

Yep, mentioned it in the match thread. He did another pretty similar flick too.

Â