Carlos Sanchez

ArteSuave

It was like playing with ten men in the first half. For all the good, even impressive, stuff we did he looked a liability and Burnley seized upon that. Second half he improved but nothing remotely spectacular - still the weakest midfielder out there.

He doesnt react quickly, he's sloppy and he gets turned so easily. Im not writing him off yet but he has a long way to go to get up to Prem standard. I'd have felt more comfortable with El Ahmadi out there!

Just hope it's an adjustment thing and he makes the same strides Petrov did after a shaky start.

Thing is, if you loose it like he did you would pay the price probably once every other game. Mistakes like that determine what a championship player and prem player is. Hopefully its just because he is trying to get the pace of the league and nothing more.

Edited by HeyAnty

Gives the ball away cheaply as mentioned but would add, he wants to play for us.

Would sooner him play then us provide a platform/fitness programme for the likes of Delph, who wants to leave despite the support the club gave him throughout his lucrative contract.

We are just a nursing home for these clearings in the woods.

Thing is, if you loose it like he did you would pay the price probably once every other game. Mistakes like that determine what a championship player and prem player is. Hopefully its just because he is trying to get the pace of the league and nothing more.

I think/hope this is what it is. Petrov was terrible in his first season. Just takes time to get used to the pace of the game in the Premier League. He actually looks really great on the ball at times. I like his strength and heading abilities too. He really adds something different t our midfield. If he can cut out the few errors in his game he will be a great player for us.

• Like 1

For me we will miss him if he isn't playing.His strength and power is irreplaceable atm.Not sure we would miss Cleverley or Westwood.

Certainly a mixed bag, but i think the positives outweigh the negatives.With a midfielder who can shoot/score goals/get in the box, alongside Delph, the midfield will be fine.

Â