Aly Cissokho

samjp26

5 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

To be fair to him, he had absolutely no help from Ayew and Hunt was bombing on all game.

When he wasn't 1v2/3 today he didn't have any issues defensively. When he has a LM playing LM in front of him rather than a forward, he links up better. How strange. 

But he is Ally Cissokho, so must be criticised for everything. 

Edited by kurtsimonw
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Yes for a reason.

I thought he was really poor.

Right, just not a very good reason. 

I'm not saying you are making this argument, but I've seen it before on here and it annoys me: an argument along the lines of 'Ayew/Traore/Grealish might not pass the ball but that's because everybody else is shit'. You have to pass the ball in football. It's a team game. 

Even if Cissokho is shit, Ayew should still have passed him the ball during one of his overlaps. Why? Because if Ayew passes it, then the next time the full back has to consider the possibility that Ayew might take him on, or that he might pass it, and that creates an element of doubt. Instead, it's just obvious that Ayew's going to keep it because he's a very selfish player, so the full back can safely ignore the runner and just stand up to Ayew, which their defenders did really easily all game. 

• Like 1

The biggest problem i have with him is his buck handing when going forward.

So often ive seen quick attacks break down as he plain refuses to take the innitive when on the ball. 

Its painfull to watch this proffesional player run 20 yards, stop dead and wait for a player to come within 10 yards to pass it to, stopping any counter attack stone dead.

He simply can not play the full back role that we need when we are to be on the front foot this season!

God help us if Amavi doesnt play.

Everytime we defend a corner he tries to  wrestle his man to the ground. Always looks like he's going to concede a penalty. Can't wait for Amavi to come back.

Our full backs are so incompetent on the ball along with Gestede. They ruin any momentum attacking. 

6 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Everytime we defend a corner he tries to  wrestle his man to the ground. Always looks like he's going to concede a penalty. Can't wait for Amavi to come back.

Our full backs are so incompetent on the ball along with Gestede. They ruin any momentum attacking. 

Can you delete this post incase any referees are reading it?

• Like 1

Sherwood (C unit) loaned him out leaving us with Amavi, who then got injured leaving us with Richardson

Now RDM sells Bennet leaving us with Cissokho till Amivi is fit again.

The Irony of getting rid of shit only to have more shit even shitier than the shit we just got rid of still at the club.

1 minute ago, Grasshopper said:

Sherwood (C unit) loaned him out leaving us with Amavi, who then got injured leaving us with Richardson

The Irony of getting rid of shit only to have more shit even shitier than the shit we just got rid of still at the club.

Maybe we should sell Cissokho and use the proceeds (along with anything we get for Bennett) to find a better LB?  I know it is not a priority but if Amavi were to get injured again we would be relying on Cissokho again for a large part of the season which scares the bejesus outta me.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

True, at least Sherwood saw that Cissokho was an appalling player... but it just happened that Richardson was equally bad!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gary Thomas said:

Maybe we should sell Cissokho and use the proceeds (along with anything we get for Bennett) to find a better LB?  I know it is not a priority but if Amavi were to get injured again we would be relying on Cissokho again for a large part of the season which scares the bejesus outta me.

Rico Henry at Walsall.

• Like 4

Whilst we have players like him playing for us ......there are no corners being turned.

thats not a criticism of the manager, because i think he has it all weighed up.

It will take time.

33 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Anyone else notice he had a really tidy game today? Got an assist too. 

Yes i did.... few others that will struggle to admit it. People put themselves in a corner when they viciously slag off a player. Nearly all our players aren't as bad as they appear. Total lack of confidence will destroy any player. Unfortunately we have a squad full of them. 

• Like 3

On 9 August 2016 at 11:42, Grasshopper said:

Amavi can't be far off being fit, managed 90 mins against Luton for what it was worth

Had one of his best games yesterday but still not good enough for what we want this season.

We need our full backs to push on and be far more offensive as we will have a lot more of the ball...unfortunately Cissokho will never be that player!

22 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Had one of his best games yesterday but still not good enough for what we want this season.

We need our full backs to push on and be far more offensive as we will have a lot more of the ball...unfortunately Cissokho will never be that player!

Whilst one swallow doesn't make a summer that he is what he did yesterday to be fair.

Aly's problem for me is fitness, against Rotherham he will do a job but in a higher tempo game and people running at him he just doesn't have the engine.

Â