Aly Cissokho

samjp26

1 hour ago, Nigel said:

Had one of his best games yesterday but still not good enough for what we want this season.

We need our full backs to push on and be far more offensive as we will have a lot more of the ball...unfortunately Cissokho will never be that player!

He is definitely good enough to be a part of the squad at the very least though, been horrible sometimes but have always had a soft spot for him, a trier and a strong mofo!

1 hour ago, Nigel said:

Had one of his best games yesterday but still not good enough for what we want this season.

We need our full backs to push on and be far more offensive as we will have a lot more of the ball...unfortunately Cissokho will never be that player!

I find Hutton and cissokho to be very offensive 

Credit where credit is due, he played well but that doesn't change the fact he's been poor for 90% of his time with us. Still, if he continues like yesterday then I'd keep him around as back up 

Agreed that he's been very poor in his time here, but that was in the Premier League. He looked better defensively against Wednesday/Roterhham than Amavi did against Luton. He should remain first choice - with Amavi getting the midweek games for now - until Amavi gets back to his best IMO.

1 minute ago, kurtsimonw said:

Agreed that he's been very poor in his time here, but that was in the Premier League. He looked better defensively against Wednesday/Roterhham than Amavi did against Luton. He should remain first choice - with Amavi getting the midweek games for now - until Amavi gets back to his best IMO.

Are the midweek games less important?

6 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

I agree - atm he looks more solid defensively than Amavi, but Amavi should improve in that regard as he gets more game time.  Think Cissokho could be useful as a sub when we are are on top and looking to close out games etc. 

Thought he played well again. Blocked most crosses. Times he didn't, it was often because they had the extra man which forced him inside and unable to get out to it in time. Mostl mistakes are him being a victim of the system at the moment IMO

• Like 4

Agreed with the shirt pulling, but he's unquestionably been one of our better players this season. Camara is supposedly a bit of a tricky speed demon. Cissokho defended him with ease.

If this was Amavi, again, people would be raving about how good he is IMO.

23 hours ago, Xela said:

Any update on his injury?

A minor knock and will be back for Forest game.

A mate of mine went to watch this nephew at a children's football tourno today in Aston Park(ran by community coach at Villa) and Cissokho was there on his own accord to present trophy to winning team and my mate had a chat with Cissokho for a while.

Aly is meant to be friendly, humble guy and spoke with everyone who approached him.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

Â