Aly Cissokho

samjp26

1 hour ago, cyrusr said:

This. Just watched the highlights via Middlesbrough YouTube channel and that pass was awful. Think he could have done better on the 3rd goal too. 

Thunking about it last season he was told at the start "don't want you, not good enough" by sherwood. Says the same to Bennett. Then Garde comes and basically says to Cissohko "we need you" (which we did given we had no cover for LB, thanks Sherwood) and makes His ego inflate massively. When he gets back here and sees the meas he then says "I'm too good for this" and has a massive chip on his shoulder. Would explain the poor performances anyway.

Speculative of course but I get the distinct impression he does not give a damn and will be out for the first team that matches his wages and I won't miss him. I can see a much better attitude coming out of Bennett and right now would rather him stay than Cissokho as competition with Amavi.

no he is actually just crap

2 hours ago, cyrusr said:

This. Just watched the highlights via Middlesbrough YouTube channel and that pass was awful. Think he could have done better on the 3rd goal too. 

Thunking about it last season he was told at the start "don't want you, not good enough" by sherwood. Says the same to Bennett. Then Garde comes and basically says to Cissohko "we need you" (which we did given we had no cover for LB, thanks Sherwood) and makes His ego inflate massively. When he gets back here and sees the meas he then says "I'm too good for this" and has a massive chip on his shoulder. Would explain the poor performances anyway.

Speculative of course but I get the distinct impression he does not give a damn and will be out for the first team that matches his wages and I won't miss him. I can see a much better attitude coming out of Bennett and right now would rather him stay than Cissokho as competition with Amavi.

But then, by that logic, if you said 'we need you' to Bennett, he would also think 'I'm too good for this' and develop 'a massive chip on his shoulder'. 

Aly's problem is not attitude, it's ability. 

Whereas I am a bit concerned that he's started rather than Bennett, I'm confident when Amavi is fit he will be starting. If not then it'll be the first big question on RDM's management for me. 

Cissokho is a decent enough LB at this level but offers nothing in attack.....we rely on our full backs to provide our attacking threat and.crosses because we play with no natural width/wide men .....in this system he offers.very little....Amavi will be 1st choice but he is still a few weeks away from strating games which Is a shame.

The problem with RDM preference to play out of the back is that you need both people showing for the ball and a defence capable of doing so.

I think the pass yesterday is something we will see a bit more of asking Aly to play that way unless there is significant improvement.

10 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

He is 3rd choice LB at a club in the Championship, he will do.

3rd? Assuming Amavi is 1st, who is 2nd?

I still hope we sell Cissokho. Even if we need a 3rd choice left back - and I'm not convinced - he must surely cost too much in wages for that role. 

38 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

He is 3rd choice LB at a club in the Championship, he will do.

Why is he starting ahead of Bennett in pre season if that was the case. Surely Bennett needs as many minutes as possible as he hasn't exactly played much in last year.

Can only think we want to ditch Cissokho and want to remind clubs he actually exists so we're playing him in pre season.

Rather have Bennett starting to be honest. Can't wait for Amavi to be fit but midfield are going to need to be extra prepared to cover.

That said our midfield is awful and non-existent so we'll probably leave ourselves wide open when he goes on a run.

Â