Aly Cissokho

samjp26

1 hour ago, Phumfeinz said:

Woah let's not get carried away here.

It's clearly him and Richards.

MON must have gone with a Warnock and Gardner dream team at some point

can remember the game where Warnock was trying to get himself an OG and brad made some great saves to deny him and his every touch was booed there after, he was finished at the villa, how do these clowns we have now keep getting back in?

8 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Stone?!

You're suggesting he was worse than Cissokho? From what I remember he was decent. 

Bennett, Luna, Richardson, 'England international' Warnock, JLloyd Samuel, all shit. Can't remember anyone else, so they where probably shit as well.

E. Forgot Wright, he was great.

Edited by vreitti

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

We are talking Steve Stone right?

If so, unless I've lost significant parts of my memory lately (which is something I accept could be true) he was not a left back.

May have played as a RWB at times but not a LB, anyone else care to interject?

Sure, I might be mistaken. Guess it only further validates my initial point. We've not had a decent left back in about 20 years.

6 hours ago, vreitti said:

You're suggesting he was worse than Cissokho? From what I remember he was decent. 

Bennett, Luna, Richardson, 'England international' Warnock, JLloyd Samuel, all shit. Can't remember anyone else, so they where probably shit as well.

E. Forgot Wright, he was great.

Nicky bloody Shorey

After stating the season brightly he has been **** dog muck these last few weeks. It's a shame, I thought he had turned a corner. 

Time to drop him. I don't trust Amavi fully yet, but he can't be THAT bad defensively you wouldn't think and he's a weapon going forward at least.

• 2 months later...

Fingers crossed he might be off. 

Yet another another another of those baffling signings which have killed the club over the last few years. 

We had the good fortune to have him on loan,  kind of try before you buy,  and it was plain as the nose on your face then he wasn't going to be good enough,  yet we still go ahead and sign him anyway. 

So many of our problems could have been avoided,  we were criminally run,  we really were. 

Edited by sidcow

Not one I was expecting to leave,  sure he's not a great player but who will fill in there if Amavi gets injured?

Need to add a back up left back to the shopping list if true, unless we have someone decent coming through the yoof system.  

21 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Fingers crossed he might be off. 

Yet another another another of those baffling signings which have killed the club over the last few years. 

We had the good fortune to have him on loan,  kind of try before you buy,  and it was plain as the nose on your face then he wasn't going to be good enough,  yet we still go ahead and sign him anyway. 

So many of our problems could have been avoided,  we were criminally run,  we really were. 

I don't think he was on loan here, just a straight up fee of about £1.5m wasn't he?  You get what you pay for, really.

2 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I don't think he was on loan here, just a straight up fee of about £1.5m wasn't he?  You get what you pay for, really.

Sorry,  my mistake I could have sworn he was on loan first. Must be thinking of someone else. 

23 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Sorry,  my mistake I could have sworn he was on loan first. Must be thinking of someone else. 

Was at Liverpool on loan where he was largely ridiculed for his complete lack of ability and subject of an amusing "highlights" video.

So naturally we bought him.

ALY CISSOKHO is close to sealing a move away from Aston Villa with Olympiakos keen on a loan deal until the end of the season.

Cissokho has featured just twice for Aston Villa since Steve Bruce took over from Roberto di Matteo in October.

And the Birmingham Mail are reporting that the 29-year-old is close to agreeing a season-long loan move to Olympiakos.

The report says that Olympiakos expressed an interest in signing him earlier this month and have held talks with Cissokho's representatives.

Express

Â