Aly Cissokho

samjp26

last time I checked the left back was to defend and Cissokho does that well enough.

Maybe a left back's job was to defend back when Villa last won the FA Cup, but football has changed a lot since then. A left back has to be able to make runs forward with and without the ball, in the same way that and because a right sided midfielder needs to be able to defend. Cissokho has as much attacking nous as my toilet brush.

• Like 1

Yes fullback roles have changed somewhat. Its not enough to be just decent in one area. If we could merge Bennett and Cissokho into one player then we would have a totally useless left back.

Corrected for you!

I guess we won't have time to change set up, but I have said many many times, the idea to coach Cissokho and Hutton to play as attacking full backs is detrimental on the fact we find it almost impossible to score goals. Most of the time they just bypass the midfield, this has gone on all season under Lambert, which is half the reason the midfield have been clueless how to get involved. They just get left behind and seems have not been coached to make forward runs.

I rate Hutton and Cissokho AS DEFENDERS, as wingers they are f***** useless. Maybe Hutton less so.

Yes fullback roles have changed somewhat. Its not enough to be just decent in one area. If we could merge Bennett and Cissokho into one player then we would have a totally useless left back.

Corrected for you!

I guess we won't have time to change set up, but I have said many many times, the idea to coach Cissokho and Hutton to play as attacking full backs is detrimental on the fact we find it almost impossible to score goals. Most of the time they just bypass the midfield, this has gone on all season under Lambert, which is half the reason the midfield have been clueless how to get involved. They just get left behind and seems have not been coached to make forward runs.

I rate Hutton and Cissokho AS DEFENDERS, as wingers they are f***** useless. Maybe Hutton less so.

You're agreeing with Paul's (original) point.

What paul was saying was merge Cissokho's defending abilities with Bennet's attacking abilities and you'd get a decent left back, because Cissokho isn't very good at attacking.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Â