Aly Cissokho

samjp26

yet people didnt say that when he played ;)

He is very limited going forward which frustrated most on here. I think almost everyone though knows he's a far superior one on one defender compared to Richardson who was an embarassment for the Austin goal.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Big news! I know we're meant to like Richardson now, but Aly is playing in the Under 21 squad tonight. I think LB is our weakest position without him.

• Like 1

Richardson was diabolical against Liverpool. Utterly useless. We need him out of the team asap

Really? Thought he was fine to be honest. Diabolical is bit ott imo....

Gonna have to agree with PieFacE here. I don't rate Richardson but he did kind of win us the game at the end there with his reaction to move to the back post and head it off the line...

Richardson is very suspect against pace, we saw this against Phillips of QPR and Walcott ripped him to shreds at the Emirates so I'm glad Aly is back as an option now.

They didn't really put Sterling down his side much at all which surprised me yesterday.

Cissokho is a great athlete but I think his actual footballing skills aren't the best... It is frustrating watching him play in that position but I can't argue with people saying he is more solid that Richardson. 

Honestly I think that position needs addressing big time come this summer. 

Richardson was diabolical against Liverpool. Utterly useless. We need him out of the team asap

He was absolutely fine.

Nothing spectacular, but solid enough.

But he's the scapegoat of the month so he'll be "shit" in every game until someone else does something wrong.

He was absolutely fine.

But he's the scapegoat of the month so he'll be "shit" in every game until someone else does something wrong.

I too think he was pretty bad on the weekend. He loses possession a lot, often via poor touches and he misplaces a lot of passes (his pass accuracy was 72% in that game specifically, and it is noticeable while watching).

Not trying to put a downer on our win, but I'd take Cissokho all day over Richardson.

He was absolutely fine.

I too think he was pretty bad on the weekend. He loses possession a lot, often via poor touches and he misplaces a lot of passes (his pass accuracy was 72% in that game specifically, and it is noticeable while watching).

Not trying to put a downer on our win, but I'd take Cissokho all day over Richardson.

I'd take Cissokho over him too.

But describing Richardson's performance as "diabolical" on the weekend is absolutely outrageous.

It's not even a bad opinion. It's just plain wrong.

Â