Aly Cissokho

samjp26

On the evidence of yesterday, Richardson should start from here on out. If he's not fit, then Cissokho should be a left-back who never crosses the half-way line. He never does anything good in the opposition half, all that he ever achieves is ending up out of position when the other team counters. 

Thing is, Richardson is very suspect at the back. Cissokho is rubbish going forward, but he hardly costs you any goals.

If we can have an attacking line up capable of creating chances I'm glad with Cissokho.

after the years of Lichaj, Clark, Baker, Bennett and Luna at LB, Cissokho is still a plus point from this season for me. I never expected him to be Roberto Carlos all of a sudden and am glad we have a half decent defender at last. If Gabby did anything ever he wouldnt be the only hope for a cross would he? or am I oversimplifying things?

• Like 2

I saw the goals....how was Cissokho at fault for the first one? If this is the logic, then every player who is under pressure but still manages a pass to a fellow team mate has done so because the man marking him made a mistake. If anything it was Sinclair who was not marking his man, Ireland, casually jogging instead of marking Ireland. This led to Ireland having it easy picking out the goal scorer.

Edited by momo
  • Like 1

I saw the goals....how was Cissokho at fault for the first one? If this is the logic, then every player who is under pressure but still manages a pass to a fellow team mate has done so because the man marking him made a mistake. If anything it was Sinclair who was not marking his man, Ireland, casually jogging instead of marking Ireland. This led to Ireland having it easy picking out the goal scorer.

Cissokho had his man covered, Delph didn't need to double up on Walters IMO and he left Ireland wide open. Cissokho was doing his job correctly.

• Like 1

Cissokho had his man covered, Delph didn't need to double up on Walters IMO and he left Ireland wide open. Cissokho was doing his job correctly.

Yes, that is almost how I saw it. I just think Sinclair should have been more involved. Just reading these last few pages, it seemed like Cissokho was at fault when he actually was not.

Technically awful, and abysmal in the final third. But, he's still decent at the back and hasn't been calamitous like our previous LB incumbents and even K.Rich himself.

Yes we have had some really terrible left backs in recent years but I don't think he changes the trend much. 

We always attack much more down the right with Hutton, I'm not sure if this is because Hutton is better or because he has much more support than Cissokho gets when attacking down the left. It always seemed like the case under Lambert, it was a bit more balanced the other day.

Bouma was hardly Roberto Carlos at left back, last time I checked the left back was to defend and Cissokho does that well enough.

Since Bouma left we have had Warnock, Shorey, Luke Young, Delph, Bennett, Luna, Baker and Clark at left back and Cissokho has been an improvement on all

• Like 4

Getting a hard press on here currently....he hasn't been that bad compared to the last few incumbants of that position.

If you remember when Bouma was here he wasn't great going forward at all but it didn't matter as we had Young infront so I think Cissokho suffers from tactics and also lack of quality infront of him although with Sinclair having a promising start he could be the answer infront of him.

Â