Aly Cissokho

samjp26

He's a good defender but he's hardly amazing. Pretty solid but going forward he's well.... limited.

There's no way he's good enough for Spurs. I think we're his level currently. 

this is Spurs that until a month ago played Danny Rose everyweek

Also worth noting that finding a full back that is solid but also alright going forward is difficult.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11677/9617448/transfer-news-aly-cissokho-remains-coy-on-his-future-at-aston-villa-following-interest-from-tottenham-and-napoli?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Aly Cissokho is remaining coy on his future at Aston Villa, following speculation of a move in the January transfer window.

The 27-year-old has attracted interest from both Tottenham and Napoli after enjoying an impressive spell under Paul Lambert at left-back.

"At the moment, I’m happy," he said. "I’ve been here for six months and I’m happy to be playing. I am playing and learning every game and I’m improving in my head and it is good. I hope to continue to play well and we’ll see."

Villa are just five points above the relegation zone and Lambert will be desperate to keep the defender at the club to help improve upon that gap.

“The first thing is to think about the safety for the club," Cissokho added. "After that, we can see if we can be in the top 10 or something like that.

“We have a good squad and if we climb up the table there will be less pressure, we’ll see.”

Edited by daggy_333

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11677/9617448/transfer-news-aly-cissokho-remains-coy-on-his-future-at-aston-villa-following-interest-from-tottenham-and-napoli?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Aly Cissokho is remaining coy on his future at Aston Villa, following speculation of a move in the January transfer window.

The 27-year-old has attracted interest from both Tottenham and Napoli after enjoying an impressive spell under Paul Lambert at left-back.

"At the moment, I’m happy," he said. "I’ve been here for six months and I’m happy to be playing. I am playing and learning every game and I’m improving in my head and it is good. I hope to continue to play well and we’ll see."

Villa are just five points above the relegation zone and Lambert will be desperate to keep the defender at the club to help improve upon that gap.

“The first thing is to think about the safety for the club," Cissokho added. "After that, we can see if we can be in the top 10 or something like that.

“We have a good squad and if we climb up the table there will be less pressure, we’ll see.”

Can't see anyone being in for him in January.. he's solid but not a world beater. That's not a criticism, I like him but he's  found his level at Villa for the time being.

• Like 1

I may be wrong, but he seems to be commenting on maintaining his position on the team, and then later on what the team can achieve this season.

Nothing about him staying or going. Usual nasty journalism, twisting what has been said to create effect.

• Like 1

That is clearly a completely unrelated interview, probably conducted before the speculation.

**** the media!

I watched the interview on Sky, he was asked "You've been linked to Tottenham and Napoli, is there any truth in that?"

However on watching it he was basically just batting away the question, not speaking great English and just being very neutral - people read so much into phrases like "at the moment I'm happy" without ever considering that he speaks French where the phrase means more like "I'm happy right now" in a positive way. I've worded that really badly but I'm trying to say that "at the moment I'm happy" doesn't necessarily mean "I won't be tomorrow."

I mean I'm sure he'd leave for Spurs or Napoli because who wouldn't, but still, I didn't read too much into the interview.

• Like 1

They often try to get foreign players to slip up with such questions, as Adam says, his English is decent but not the best. He seems happy and I'm actually glad that he says our safety is what is important first and foremost.

That is clearly a completely unrelated interview, probably conducted before the speculation.

**** the media!

I mean I'm sure he'd leave for Spurs or Napoli because who wouldn't, but still, I didn't read too much into the interview.

Me. **** Spurs.

• Like 3

Hope he stays, don't think there's anything in this rumour anyway as Spurs have so many left backs (Rose, Davies, Naughton etc) they can afford to have Assou-Ekotto in the stands earning 40k a week.

Anyway after watching the circus show of Warnock, Bennett and Luna in the last 3 years it's nice to have a left back who has a clue how to actually defend.

• Like 2

Â