Aly Cissokho

samjp26

He was our worst player, most definitely, but I agree that diabolical is a tad harsh.

He wasn't. N'Zogbia was worse for me.

But that's not to say n'Zogbia was bad. At all. Nobody was. I just felt he did the least out of anybody.

(incidentally, assuming you used whoscored.com as the source for that pass accuracy stat, they rated him as our 6th best player)

He was our worst player, most definitely, but I agree that diabolical is a tad harsh.

He wasn't. N'Zogbia was worse for me.

But that's not to say n'Zogbia was bad. At all. Nobody was. I just felt he did the least out of anybody.

(incidentally, assuming you used whoscored.com as the source for that pass accuracy stat, they rated him as our 6th best player)

WhoScored rated Gerrard the same as Grealish, so I'd pay no attention to that.

The pass accuracy stat was simply as reference to me saying he misplaces a lot of passes, which is something I see with my own eyes. Not very good IMO, but each to their own of course!

• Like 1

I thought Richardson was pretty bad attacking-wise (which is really the only argument you can use for putting him ahead of Aly), and defensively only just got by. Seriously, he was struggling to keep up with Emra Can :lol:. Would put Aly in straight away if he's fit because even if he is terrible at attacking (diabolical is not that farfetched :lol:), Richardson isn't all that much better than him in that department, and he is a much more solid defender. No brainer for me.

• Like 1

Just to reiterate, I wasn't advocating keeping Richardson in ahead of Cissokho. I like Aly and want to see him back asap.

I just objected to Richardson's performance being called diabolical on the weekend.

Just to reiterate, I wasn't advocating keeping Richardson in ahead of Cissokho. I like Aly and want to see him back asap.

I just objected to Richardson's performance being called diabolical on the weekend.

Completely agree - hyperbole is tiring to say the least.

Yeah, definitely not diabolical but well below the standard set by the rest of the team. Think he was the only player in our side who wasn't comfortable on the ball.

This. Also, we're not playing under Lambert any more, so we don't need all of our creativity to come from our full-backs. Richardson loses the ball up the pitch and then struggles to get back because he's not an athlete like Bacuna. I think we'd be better off with Cissokho sitting further back on the left and Delph and Grealish providing the width that side. 

• Like 1

I'd prefer Richardson because he doesn't seem scared of the ball with it at his feet.

Aly is a MUCH better defender, but Richardson offers more than him in almost all other areas apart from heading.

Richardson's performance was diabolical compared to everyone else though who for the record were outstanding, he completely fluffed a shot that he should have buried, got skinned a fair few times, I mean come on they were bringing on Johnson as an attacking substitution to get at him. Was definitely the weak link, was in the right place right time for the clearance but that is the only decent thing I remember him doing all game.

By Richardson standards, he wasn't a complete liability so it was acceptable. But in general context, I wouldn't grade it any higher than 5/10 to be honest.

Edited by Isa
  • Like 1

Richardson's performance was diabolical compared to everyone else though who for the record were outstanding, he completely fluffed a shot that he should have buried, got skinned a fair few times, I mean come on they were bringing on Johnson as an attacking substitution to get at him. Was definitely the weak link, was in the right place right time for the clearance but that is the only decent thing I remember him doing all game.

Just thought about that shot then remembered the absolute screamer he scored past us last season for Fulham.  More of that please Kieran.

Not that this is the Kieran Richardson thread but, since people are discussing him, it seems totally wrong to describe his performance as either diabolical or poor.

He looked very shaky when first put in at left back against QPR but has looked much safer and stronger in the Spurs and Liverpool matches. No need to rush Cissokho back in my opinion because Richardson is growing in assurance.

• Like 1

he completely fluffed a shot that he should have buried

That he had to hit first time, on his weaker foot, from 25 yards.

It's about the only mistake he made all game. 

Cleverly had an easier shot from a similar area and fluffed it even higher and wider. But nobody mentions that.

he completely fluffed a shot that he should have buried

That he had to hit first time, on his weaker foot, from 25 yards.

It's about the only mistake he made all game. 

Cleverly had an easier shot from a similar area and fluffed it even higher and wider. But nobody mentions that.

Except you.

Just now.

;)

Â