$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Heat going to win another Championship by beating the Spurs. He knows how to run a sports team. Would love this to be true. 

I mean, I guess he does.

If he could hire one of the greatest coaches of all time to be the CEO, then collude into getting what would amount to the 6 best players in the world onto the team, yeah I'd call him a great owner. Otherwise....meh.

They didn't collude, though, not exactly - it was great cap management on their part to squeeze LeBron and Bosh in and then they proceeded to surround that core with the right roleplayers. Extremely good management, tbh. 

That said, hope they lose in the finals. Go Spurs Go :)

To be fair it probably comes from this quote:

“It could be a joint-takeover bid from two fellow American sports franchise owners, one potentially being the owner of NBA side Miami Heat, Micky Arison.”

From this old article:

http://www.ftbpro.com/posts/chris.joseph.heathy/883964/heat-increases-on-potential-takeover-of-aston-villa-football-club

Whoever it is will need deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep pockets.

The Premier League has truly gone mad. It's in a bubble just like housing:

Sky news:

'Premier League clubs secured record revenues of £3.2bn last season as wages topped £2.2bn, according to the latest analysis of football finances.

The sky-high wages were found to have eaten into Premier League profitability, but the Deloitte Annual Review of Football Finance on the 2012/13 season saw no end to the growing riches of England's top flight.

The review revealed a 21% rise in commercial revenue in the Premier League hitting £2.5bn for the first time, with 13 clubs making a profit compared to 10 in 2011/12.

It revealed more than 75% of the revenue increase was spent on wages - the bill for the league as a whole reaching £1.8bn, a rise of 8% or £125m on the previous year.

It meant, Deloitte said, that Premier League clubs' wages to revenue ratio reached a new high of 71%.

However the review forecast that the ratio would fall below 70% for the first time since 2009/10 under its estimates for 2013/14.

Adam Bull, senior consultant in the Sports Business Group at Deloitte, said: "The pattern in spending on wages following previous increases in broadcast deals, suggests it’s likely around 60% or more of the revenue increase in 2013/14 will flow through to wages." 

The review said the 2012/13 season was a particularly bleak year for the finances of Championship clubs.

A revenue reduction of £39m was compounded by a £40m increase in wage costs, leading to record operating losses of £241m.

Pre-tax losses also increased by £170m, equivalent to an additional £7m per club, to £323m.

Mr Bull added: "The 2012/13 wages to revenue ratio for Championship clubs of 106% is the highest ever recorded by an English division and is clearly unsustainable without ongoing owner support.

"The introduction of the Championship Financial Fair Play Rules was widely seen, and advocated by the clubs who voted it in, as a necessary step to change clubs’ behaviour.

"The severity of the punishments applied to those who have not complied with the rules in the 2013/14 season and the eventual result of efforts to change the rules, will determine the extent to which they present an effective deterrent to widespread overspending."'

This is just a rumour from a city gossip columnist. No facts.

It probably is just a rumour, and I'm not saying that I believe it, but, why is a random journalist in the finance section of the Telegraph gossiping about Villa? Why is it not in the sport section?

It doesn't make sense, I mean, the rest of the article talks about Lord Mandelson and Tesco, Football gossip is a bit of an odd step to take in that article. Although it is more speculating about Arison's financial movements, but still, it's a strange place for the rumour to pop up.

• Like 3

It probably is just a rumour, and I'm not saying that I believe it, but, why is a random journalist in the finance section of the Telegraph gossiping about Villa? Why is it not in the sport section?

It doesn't make sense, I mean, the rest of the article talks about Lord Mandelson and Tesco, Football gossip is a bit of an odd step to take in that article. Although it is more speculating about Arison's financial movements, but still, it's a strange place for the rumour to pop up.

It is better than hearing nothing about the takeover.

Edited by GENTLEMAN

The last two rumors we heard ended up happening relatively quickly. 

Looking at that url I thought the Rothschilds were in for us.  :blink:

Someone should tweet that journalist...

I seem to remember that Ellis used Rothschild"s to advise on selling Villa. They'll let anybody in these days! :D

Arrison is something to do with Costa Concordia isn't he, the ship that sunk and now apparently interested in Aston Villa.. there is a joke in there somewhere I think?

Exactly. They also seem to be suggesting that the Costa Concordia capsizing somehow calls into question his suitability to own a PL football team.... Odd.

Russ Lynch @russ_lynch 2m

To all Villa fans: Tevfik Arif says he "has no interest" in the club. Denial wording doesn't exclude earlier interest.

That ends that one then.

Why? You do know that people lie? I'm not saying there's necessarely any truth about Arif buying Villa but it doesn't mean anything, I'd imagine potential buyers would deny everything until the sale is ready to be announced.