$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Micky's game on for Aston Villa takeover deal

Micky Arison, the chairman of cruise ship operator Carnival Corporation, is back in the game for his rumoured takeover of Aston Villa FC.

Just weeks after The Lions’ current owner, Randy Lerner, confirmed he has hired Merrill Lynch to advise on the club’s sale, Arison, who already owns the Miami Heat basketball team, has swelled his war-chest for potential sporting acquisitions by selling almost £6m of Carnival shares.

This week’s transactions are the latest in a string of six share disposals since March, taking Arison’s total new disposable income to around £36m – or a healthy advance towards the £200m that he and Larry Ellison, the Oracle software tycoon, are reportedly considering paying for the Premier League team.

Like Aston Villa, which narrowly avoided relegation last season, Arison has everything to play for.

But will Keith “Mr Football” Harris, the investment banking fixer advising Lerner on the club’s new owner, believe the tycoon who was at the helm at the time of his company’s Costa Concordia tragedy is the right man to captain the ship?

Click

• Like 1

Micky's game on for Aston Villa takeover deal

Micky Arison, the chairman of cruise ship operator Carnival Corporation, is back in the game for his rumoured takeover of Aston Villa FC.

Just weeks after The Lions’ current owner, Randy Lerner, confirmed he has hired Merrill Lynch to advise on the club’s sale, Arison, who already owns the Miami Heat basketball team, has swelled his war-chest for potential sporting acquisitions by selling almost £6m of Carnival shares.

This week’s transactions are the latest in a string of six share disposals since March, taking Arison’s total new disposable income to around £36m – or a healthy advance towards the £200m that he and Larry Ellison, the Oracle software tycoon, are reportedly considering paying for the Premier League team.

Like Aston Villa, which narrowly avoided relegation last season, Arison has everything to play for.

But will Keith “Mr Football” Harris, the investment banking fixer advising Lerner on the club’s new owner, believe the tycoon who was at the helm at the time of his company’s Costa Concordia tragedy is the right man to captain the ship?

Click
this was posted yesterday and was confirmed to be more gossip then fact

Some accountant bloke told me on Saturday night that all accounts, contracts, wage lists etc had gone over to Merril Lynch. This could possibly be what he means by "interesting stuff regarding our finances" The same bloke said that a deal was done but couldn't be announced until 30 days after Lerner had gone public (on 13th May). I'm sure he said that was 11th June but maybe he said the 12th.

I've heard this theory from quite a few people now so there could possibly be something to it.

Think we need to come back to reality.....

Why would there be a regulation that a deal could not be announced until 30 days after lerner had gone public ?  - Bearing in mind that legally Lerner need not have gone public at all ....?

There is no regulation about a 30 day silence period - the reason for the silence is that nothing is happening. All IMO of course... 

£143m

Go on...

About €175m or $240m

Seriously, that's your answer? A currency conversion? Let's be more precise, why did you write £143m?

He didn't...

reading back through the posts, the £143m written by Jim was in relation to how much Fulham were sold for, he was saying that it wasn't £200m but £143m.

anyway, nothing to see here, let the speculation continue.

"Some accountant bloke told me on Saturday night that all accounts, contracts, wage lists etc had gone over to Merril Lynch." 

This quote made me hope something is going on again. I thought a takeover was off now for a while but maybe it just takes to much time for my patience.