$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Russ Lynch @russ_lynch 2m

To all Villa fans: Tevfik Arif says he "has no interest" in the club. Denial wording doesn't exclude earlier interest.

That ends that one then.

Why? You do know that people lie? I'm not saying there's necessarely any truth about Arif buying Villa but it doesn't mean anything, I'd imagine potential buyers would deny everything until the sale is ready to be announced.

Sure people lie and journalists get things wrong, but....but...I have nothing else.

Like I said previously never thought there was anything in it.  Everything points to US buyer imo.

Everything points to us really struggling next season I'd say.

• Like 1

From the wording of his two tweets it sounds like the story is going to be that Arif was interested but isn't any longer.

He is trying to write a story on both.

aka "Cover all bases"-approach.

I think he was the guy to mention that we 6-8 interested parties so hopefully he'll get some news from his 'sources' on that front for his article.

Edited by useless
  • Like 2

In a conversation with Omar, Lynch is saying that his sources are saying "interesting stuff" regarding our finances. God knows what that means?

In a conversation with Omar, Lynch is saying that his sources are saying "interesting stuff" regarding our finances. God knows what that means?

Yup.  He also says that good news for fans is that he will have news on interest on buying Villa.  Sounds like he knows someone else who is keen to buy us.

Edited by omariqy
  • Like 1

Yup.  He also says that good news for fans is that he will have news on interest on buying Villa.  Sounds like he knows someone else who is keen to buy us.

So no actual firm bid or negotiations taking place at the moment, deal is far far away, think Lambert has to get on with it hence the Senderos purchase, will be a very late takeover i reckon