$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Isa stop spamming the thread with your twitter feed. ;)

Ha! Good to see you on VT Ego :)

I'll reluctantly spam this thread with my Twitter feed once again as it was pointed out to me that a this guy who is apparently widely accepted to be a friend of Al-Baltan has denied his interest in us:

a0myBLzh.jpg

The Bing translation isn't very good but the person who pointed it out is an Arab.

Edited by Isa
  • Like 1

Wait, what did that mean? Tried reading it three times now, still don't get it

As I say, the online translations never make much sense but basically he says something along the lines of "There are many rumours going around that Khaled Al-Baltan is to buy Aston Villa, none of them are true."

Unfortunately most rumours are just that. We wont have a buyer for a while. Randy put the club for sale to advertise and not because something is imminent. Its going to be a long tough season and is fans will need to stick by the team and Lambert. Its not ideal but it is what it is.

• Like 1

Unfortunately most rumours are just that. We wont have a buyer for a while. Randy put the club for sale to advertise and not because something is imminent. Its going to be a long tough season and is fans will need to stick by the team and Lambert. Its not ideal but it is what it is.

i.e. A normal season

the problem with this post (and many others like it) is that the "fact" that there is no buyer imminent, is just one more rumor.   We're all guessing.

• Like 2

Isa stop spamming the thread with your twitter feed. ;) I'm not sure this has any legs. I think if the asking price is upwards of 150m and Saudis really wanted us, they'd have done it by now. Small change. It will be a steady eddy yank. More of the same, consistent (moderate) investment and hopefully more interest and better day to day management. Sadly is think this is closer to the truth.

If the allternative is no sale then I'd take that any day.

the problem with this post (and many others like it) is that the "fact" that there is no buyer imminent, is just one more rumor.   We're all guessing.

I agree with both statements. 

• Like 1

Would be nice if the club could let us know if a takeover is looking likely before the start of the season.

I'm mixed on whether I feel they should. I guess it would be nice to know one way or the other.

Edited by Amo69
  • Like 1

Would be nice if the club could let us know if a takeover is looking likely before the start of the season.

Come on, why would that ever happen?  If a takeover isn't looking likely and they tell us that, the asking price just gets knocked down some more.  It makes no sense to relay that kind of information.

• Like 1

It will be a steady eddy yank. More of the same, consistent (moderate) investment and hopefully more interest and better day to day management. Sadly is think this is closer to the truth.

This frightens me though. More of the same will surely result in relegation, I really hope the new owner has a different mentality and better judgement (Randy's biggest flaws IMO).

Come on, why would that ever happen?  If a takeover isn't looking likely and they tell us that, the asking price just gets knocked down some more.  It makes no sense to relay that kind of information.

I doubted it would happen just thought it would be nice to know where we stand not sure it would have an affect on price though.