$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

I was thinking there is no way Keane would join up knowing he could be back out the door should a takeover happen and for that reason I had a feeling that takeover was all but complete and Keane had been authorised by the new guys but I suppose the Senderos deal makes me doubt that. The only thing I can think of is that maybe the deal is looking like it won't be completed until late August and so we need to get players in while we can.

Where i think we are now is a few interested parties but no offers, based on what were doing at the moment anyway. If Lerner lets Lambert sign only frees and loans going into this new season then he is an absolute fool and i hope he gets 25k attendances because it will be more of the same.

cant be close at all if we sign Senderos. This Saudi dude has less money than Randy. Why are people getting excited?

Nah, apparently Al-Baltan is mega-loaded according to the Al-Shabab fans.

I think he's meant to be worth 600 Million, maybe he'll have a bit of financial help, if it turns out to be him. A few other Saudi's talking about it on twitter according to some translations I've seen on TBAR, not sure how realiable.

I was thinking there is no way Keane would join up knowing he could be back out the door should a takeover happen and for that reason I had a feeling that takeover was all but complete and Keane had been authorised by the new guys but I suppose the Senderos deal makes me doubt that. The only thing I can think of is that maybe the deal is looking like it won't be completed until late August and so we need to get players in while we can.

I think Keane wants to cut his teeth as a coach and realises he can't do that sitting beside Adrian Chiles. I don't think he'll be bothered if it turns out to be a short term thing - he'll be working day to day at a big PL club, and then going to work with O'Neill every few weeks. If Lambert goes - I'd say there'll be a good chance he'll go with him and could end up at another club as Lambert's No.2.

I genuinely think the two years he had out of the game when he said himself no one would touch him with a bargepole has made him realise he needs to go and learn how to do the job and not rely on the fact that he's a retired ManUre player to get himself a plumb position.

(Edit - realise this is OT....)

Edited by El-Reacho

I think he's meant to be worth 600 Million, maybe he'll have a bit of financial help, if it turns out to be him. A few other Saudi's talking about it on twitter according to some translations I've seen on TBAR, not sure how realiable.

The ones I've spoken to say he is is worth billions. One even claimed that he had poured £500m of his own money into Al-Shabab. I'll post some of their tweets when I have time later.

He already has

I mean the claim that we've been linked by name in their media.

Edited by Isa

I thought he was supposed to have backers?

• Like 1

The ones I've spoken to say he is is worth billions. One even claimed that he had poured £500m of his own money into Al-Shabab. I'll post some of their tweets when I have time later.

I only saw the 600 Million on TBAR maybe but from reading the Wikipedia of his old club it seems a lot of their funding came through Khaled Bin Sultan.

Just because the club is making signings does not mean a deal is not imminent. A prospective buyer may actually insist on a modicum of player investment whilst negotiations are ongoing, given the threadbare status of the squad. 

Edited by maqroll

I am amazed that people are now expressing surprise that no takeover is imminent. I think we should be taking what we see and hear from the club at face value.

The club is up for sale and we have appointed advisors to help with the process. Everything else on Twitter, from Howard Hodgson, from so called ITK's and speculation in the papers is all just that...speculation or just plain lies.

I would love it to be different but it's not. The club cannot simply put itself on hold pending a sale hence Senderos and Keane. Added to that Lerner will spend the barest minimum he can ahead of any sale. Very worrying times and it has all the hallmarks of another Lerner calamity.

• Like 2

I am amazed that people are now expressing surprise that no takeover is imminent. I think we should be taking what we see and hear from the club at face value.

The club is up for sale and we have appointed advisors to help with the process. Everything else on Twitter, from Howard Hodgson, from so called ITK's and speculation in the papers is all just that...speculation or just plain lies.

I would love it to be different but it's not. The club cannot simply put itself on hold pending a sale hence Senderos and Keane. Added to that Lerner will spend the barest minimum he can ahead of any sale. Very worrying times and it has all the hallmarks of another Lerner calamity.

I'll be honest, I 100% thought we were going to get taken over. I thought that Lerner's statement meant that there were bidders and a takeover was a certainty. I didn't think Lerner would be stupid enough to release a statement saying that the club is for sale when there is a chance that we may not be sold. However, it now appears that there was no buyer and there is going to be no buyer in the future. That makes me extremely worried.

• Like 1

I'll be honest, I 100% thought we were going to get taken over. I thought that Lerner's statement meant that there were bidders and a takeover was a certainty. I didn't think Lerner would be stupid enough to release a statement saying that the club is for sale when there is a chance that we may not be sold. However, it now appears that there was no buyer and there is going to be no buyer in the future. That makes me extremely worried.

You and me both.

Bit of a weird one from both views as a buyer and seller.

Randy will get more desperate as time goes on knowing if he doesn't get a buyer sooner than later he risks owning us for another season and us possibly getting relegated and getting devalued big time.

The buyer knows Randy will get more desperate and will drop his price knowing he wont want to own us going to into next season.Also the buyer would need  X amount of time to add players/staff etc or risk being relegated and loosing a ton.

It's all a waiting game.

If Keane signs then we're sold.

Hurrah!

;-)

Looking forward to a bit of Lambert/Keane good cop/bad cop!

I'm thinking more tough scot who was a great player and competitor and insane, psychopathic Irishman who was an unbelievable player and competitor, both of whom might not be the best tactically...

Who's the good cop?