$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Was that before or after Brigette Nielsen stopped being hot? That's what I want to know!

Absolutely.

brigitte-nielsen-flagrada-b%C3%AAbada-gobrigitte_nielsen-6242.jpg

OR

brigitte-nielsen.jpg

As this is a man who would be making important judgements about our football club, I feel this is a very important question.

Edited by Qwpzxjor1
  • Like 1

abdulaziz was adamant that Baltan has been trying to buy is and is in actual negoitiations with RL. I don't think he is one to make things up.

Might have missed it but who is Baltan?

Ex Chairman of a Saudi Football Club Al Shabaab i think it is. Backed by a Saudi Prince I believe.

Cheers. Looking on twitter it seems he's stepped down from his current club.

I don't think FFP had much to do with the severe spending restrictions placed on lambert. The cutting at the level he had to do was all about cutting costs to get the club ready to sell.

It's all the same really. A "fully FFP compliant" club with room for investment instead of burning money on expenses is likely a more attractive option and therefore more sellable

In theory.

It boils down to this: would you rather spend 200m buying a club that you need to invest 45m a year in to cover debts or one that you can invest 45m a year in to increase its success and value?

Was that before or after Brigette Nielsen stopped being hot? That's what I want to know!

Absolutely.

brigitte-nielsen-flagrada-b%C3%AAbada-gobrigitte_nielsen-6242.jpg

OR

brigitte-nielsen.jpg

As this is a man who would be making important judgements about our football club, I feel this is a very important question.

TBF if it's the latter day Bridgette it shows how much money he a has to burn!!

If he was trying to justify that he wouldn't have said "other than the possibility of us being run better".

He's trying to justify the level of investment that's been put in under lerner by using FFP as a reason for it. The notion that this level of spending is all we could ever hope to see is rubbish.

Am I?

Cheers for explaining on my behalf.

• Like 2

Apologies if this sounds stupid, but I really can't get my head around why we are signing players and assistant managers now when we could be taken over and potentially have a new manager?

IMO the signing of Senderos will signal the end of any potential takeover.

Edited by KJT123

Aston Villa: Philippe Senderos to join from Valencia on a free

Aston Villa are set to sign ex-Arsenal and Fulham defender Philippe Senderos on a free transfer from Spanish side Valencia, reports BBC WM 95.6.

The 29-year-old Swiss is due to undergo a medical at Villa's Bodymoor Heath training ground on Thursday morning.

Senderos will then fly out to Brazil, where he will be representing Switzerland at the World Cup.

Meanwhile Villa have had talks with Roy Keane about becoming boss Paul Lambert's assistant manager.

Talks are expected to continue once 42-year-old Keane, number two to former Villa manager Martin O'Neill with the Republic of Ireland, returns from the United States where he is working with the Irish squad on tour.

Lambert has been looking for a new assistant since the departure of assistant manager Ian Culverhouse, which was confirmed by the club last week.

Geneva-born Senderos, who is 6ft 3ins, scored four goals in 84 league appearances in six years at Arsenal.

After loan spells with Everton and AC Milan, he left in 2010 to join Fulham where he stayed until January before moving to Valencia for the rest of the season.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27704456

If he was trying to justify that he wouldn't have said "other than the possibility of us being run better".

He's trying to justify the level of investment that's been put in under lerner by using FFP as a reason for it. The notion that this level of spending is all we could ever hope to see is rubbish.
Am I?

Cheers for explaining on my behalf.

Its all you've done for the last few years. Consistently defended the level of investment Lerner has been putting in. And now you've said we can't expect better. Its all been rubbish really.

Apologies if this sounds stupid, but I really can't get my head around why we are signing players and assistant managers now when we could be taken over and potentially have a new manager?

You've said it there. A takeover is not on the cards.

Have to concur, a takeover can't be even slightly imminent. 

Not quite ready to hit the panic button, but it's safe to say I'm praying under my breath, revising the crash position and making a mental note of the emergency exits at this point. 

Depends on the length of contact we offer. A one year deal with an option will mean nothing for a takeover , a 3 year deal would be worrying

This says to me that there is no takeover even slightly close because if it was then Randy wouldn't be sanctioning any kind of deals. Other teams are already strengthening and if frees are the best we can get then next season will be even worse than the last 3. So downbeat at the moment really hope we at least find out whether there is hope or not from a reliable journo or randy himself. 

Another Al-Shabab fan claims that we have been linked by name to Al-Baltan in the Saudi media:

VaIDmf3h.jpg

Where is Abdulaziz to confirm this? ;)

Be nice if this had some substance to it.

For a long time my reading of the tea leaves was that there was a deal expected well before the season. I still think that's most likely, but it does depend on the angle you hold your head and squint, which way you see it.

Because no deal is done till it's done, Randy and lambert have to keep a plan b in the works. It may be that sendross and keane are part of that plan b