$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

With regards to the takeover, timing and our budget for this summer.

Surely if we scrape by this summer covering holes in the squad with frees on sensible wages then Randy will struggle to sell the club for a minimum of 12 months.

Because if we go into the new season without improving the squad to any great extent then we will be on short odds for relegation. Can't imagine any owner wanting to buy a club looking likely to relegated and without the chance of doing anything much to save them.

Yeah I said similar not long back. No owner is going to spend £200 million and risk going down. If it doesn't happen with enough time to sign some quality then yep its another 12 months before anyone shows interest.

No owner is going to spend £200 million full stop.

Disclaimer....In my honest opinion.

Yeah I said similar not long back. No owner is going to spend £200 million and risk going down. If it doesn't happen with enough time to sign some quality then yep its another 12 months before anyone shows interest.

Although what you say makes rational sense, isn't that exactly what Shahid Khan did with Fulham?

Although what you say makes rational sense, isn't that exactly what Shahid Khan did with Fulham?

Not sure Fulham last year were the mess we currently are. But yeah maybe someone will be daft enough to gamble.

Didn't they finish mid table the season before? I guess the new owner didn't realise how difficult this league really is.

Which is why I think we could be in a relegation battle even if we are taken over. Around at least 10 teams probably will be such is the divide in this league.

Didn't they finish mid table the season before? I guess the new owner didn't realise how difficult this league really is.

Which is why I think we could be in a relegation battle even if we are taken over. Around at least 10 teams probably will be such is the divide in this league.

I thought they were sort of around the drop-zone by the time he took over but yeah, he possibly looked at their previous seasons and didn't expect relegation to be a serious possibility.

Some accountant bloke told me on Saturday night that all accounts, contracts, wage lists etc had gone over to Merril Lynch. This could possibly be what he means by "interesting stuff regarding our finances" The same bloke said that a deal was done but couldn't be announced until 30 days after Lerner had gone public (on 13th May). I'm sure he said that was 11th June but maybe he said the 12th.

Nearly every gossip at present claims to be an accountant & they all seem to have "insider info" on the sale. I don't for a minute think that something of this magnitude could be so advanced & still nobody has a whiff of whats going on but it maybe an explanation as to where certain rumours are coming from.

• Like 1

I did a job for someone related to a member of VP groundstaff. Said no one at VP knows a thing about any imminent takeover - its either an extremely well kept secret - or nothings happening. I plump for the latter.

Lerner has got nearly all the big calls wrong at villa - this non sale/non investment has all the hallmarks of another almighty Lerner balls up....

Some accountant bloke told me on Saturday night that all accounts, contracts, wage lists etc had gone over to Merril Lynch. This could possibly be what he means by "interesting stuff regarding our finances" The same bloke said that a deal was done but couldn't be announced until 30 days after Lerner had gone public (on 13th May). I'm sure he said that was 11th June but maybe he said the 12th.

I've heard this theory from quite a few people now so there could possibly be something to it.

I've heard this theory from quite a few people now so there could possibly be something to it.

11th June - Villa announce new owners

12th June - World Cup starts

This seems too good to be true :o

• Like 2

11th June - Villa announce new owners

12th June - World Cup starts

31st June - Villa hire Jürgen Klopp 

5th July - Villa sign Lionel Andrés Messi

11th May - Villa complete the domestic treble

This seems too good to be true :o

Fixed.

• Like 2

No owner is going to spend £200 million full stop.

Disclaimer....In my honest opinion.

What's your dishonest opinion?

His dishonest opinion is Ellison is buying the club for 1 billion dollars

• Like 1

£143m

Go on...

About €175m or $240m

Seriously, that's your answer? A currency conversion? Let's be more precise, why did you write £143m?

He didn't...

• Like 1