$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

I'm assuming jim typed £143m as that may be the amount the potential buyer has placed on the table following the alleged drop in price to £150m?

• Like 1

I'm disappointed with the telegraph.

Why?

That BS article they printed. Or was it like a gossip column or something?

Yes but they don't pretend it is anything other than that.

I'm disappointed with the telegraph.

Why?
That BS article they printed. Or was it like a gossip column or something?
Yes but they don't pretend it is anything other than that.
Ok I'll let them off this time. Edited by Amo69

"Some accountant bloke told me on Saturday night that all accounts, contracts, wage lists etc had gone over to Merril Lynch."

This quote made me hope something is going on again. I thought a takeover was off now for a while but maybe it just takes to much time for my patience.

I'm assuming jim typed £143m as that may be the amount the potential buyer has placed on the table following the alleged drop in price to £150m?

OK, so the fact that everything has gone over to Merrill Lynch, suggest due diligence might be being carried out. I've sold two businesses before, and when we agreed a fee for the business, a data room (basically an online portal of information) was setup for the buyer to view all documentation about the company, accounts, all contracts etc. Prior to this, they only got a copy of the headline numbers. Now I am not saying I am an ITK, but having experience of selling a couple of companies, this is the usual process. Merrill lynch would not go to the hassle of getting everything sent across unless there was a buyer - you just wouldn't waste your time.

Also, club secretary is in USA 'on work commitments', but who knows!

Edited by Silafou's_besi_mate

"Some accountant bloke told me on Saturday night that all accounts, contracts, wage lists etc had gone over to Merril Lynch."

This quote made me hope something is going on again. I thought a takeover was off now for a while but maybe it just takes to much time for my patience.

OK, so the fact that everything has gone over to Merrill Lynch, suggest due diligence might be being carried out. I've sold two businesses before, and when we agreed a fee for the business, a data room (basically an online portal of information) was setup for the buyer to view all documentation about the company, accounts, all contracts etc. Prior to this, they only got a copy of the headline numbers. Now I am not saying I am an ITK, but having experience of selling a couple of companies, this is the usual process. Merrill lynch would not go to the hassle of getting everything sent across unless there was a buyer - you just wouldn't waste your time.

But aren't we basing this on an ITK from some accountant bloke?

Except they could just be setting up the data room in advance. In my experience its a real pain as information has to be collated and organised and certain stuff may have to be redacted so it could just be planning ahead for when they have a firm buyer which makes perfect sense. Generally speaking you don't get into the data room until your offer has been accepted so it could suggest there may be some interest out there.

Having said that I do have a tiny piece of ITK to offer. I ran into a business contact yesterday who I know is close to the club (can't say how as I don't want to offer clues to his identity but he would know what is going on). He is far to professional to break business confidences but I asked him the direct question about whether we had a buyer in the offing. His face told me all I needed to know so on that basis I am not holding my breath on this one.

• Like 2

"Some accountant bloke told me on Saturday night that all accounts, contracts, wage lists etc had gone over to Merril Lynch." This quote made me hope something is going on again. I thought a takeover was off now for a while but maybe it just takes to much time for my patience.

But aren't we basing this on an ITK from some accountant bloke?

When we went into due-diligence phase, they had 6 weeks access to the information, then they had to confirm their offer. During that six weeks they go over as much data on the company as they liked. After the six weeks there was another month before the final price was agree and another month for the transaction to actually happen and the money appear in our account. I am not an ITK, but this would be the process a buyer of most businesses would go through. And particularly as this is not a small deal, I'd say they been even more careful. You might be able to shave a few weeks off if the buyer is that hungry, but if they are haggling over price, it could take longer. If we are in due-diligence, I'd say the club might get sold before the start of the season, but it would be very tight,

I must stress I am not an ITK and can only give you my views from having sold a couple of companies before.

"Some accountant bloke told me on Saturday night that all accounts, contracts, wage lists etc had gone over to Merril Lynch." This quote made me hope something is going on again. I thought a takeover was off now for a while but maybe it just takes to much time for my patience.

Except they could just be setting up the data room in advance. In my experience its a real pain as information has to be collated and organised and certain stuff may have to be redacted so it could just be planning ahead for when they have a firm buyer which makes perfect sense. Generally speaking you don't get into the data room until your offer has been accepted so it could suggest there may be some interest out there.

Having said that I do have a tiny piece of ITK to offer. I ran into a business contact yesterday who I know is close to the club (can't say how as I don't want to offer clues to his identity but he would know what is going on). He is far to professional to break business confidences but I asked him the direct question about whether we had a buyer in the offing. His face told me all I needed to know so on that basis I am not holding my breath on this one.

You might be right, but setting up a data room without a buyer would burn consultancy fees and be very expensive to do without a buyer.

At the end of the day, no one really knows and we won't know for sometime.

Edited by Silafou's_besi_mate
  • Like 1

How do you know this if you don't mind me asking, was it reported somewhere?

Edited by Isa