$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

He said good(ish) news about "interesting finances". 

I bet it's to do with Lerners loans and waived interest he may want paid, that added to asking price may make the club over priced. 

• Like 1

In a conversation with Omar, Lynch is saying that his sources are saying "interesting stuff" regarding our finances. God knows what that means?

Yup. He also says that good news for fans is that he will have news on interest on buying Villa. Sounds like he knows someone else who is keen to buy us.

Yeah like his last 'interested' party where nothing happened.

Wouldnt be listening to him anymore tbh

He's also said Lerner said to be asking too much but you'd expect someone to think that if they were buying the club.

I am sure an interested party will reach an agreement with Lerner sooner or later.

Edited by GENTLEMAN
  • Like 1

In a conversation with Omar, Lynch is saying that his sources are saying "interesting stuff" regarding our finances. God knows what that means?

Yup. He also says that good news for fans is that he will have news on interest on buying Villa. Sounds like he knows someone else who is keen to buy us.

He said interested party and then said he's no longer interested. Lerner must have better people showing interest and as such that dodgy Arif was told no dice.

• Like 1

This, I can't understand how anyone can believe anything what journalists say.

Edit: I trust them when they have solid quotes or they can prove it.

Edited by Jarpie

He said interested party and then said he's no longer interested. Lerner must have better people showing interest and as such that dodgy Arif was told no dice.

I wouldn't assume that.

If a source says off the record he can't quote them, but he still has the information. Doesn't mean he knows nothing.

No I mean the assumption that Lerner will only sell to a nice non-dodgy owner.

Edited by Isa
  • Like 1

I think the speculation quoted earlier from The Telegraph given it is in the finance rather than the sports section may be a little more than just rumour/guesswork.

That paper and particularly their finance section would be unlikely to speculate on a football club sale simply for the fun of it or put 2+2 together in the knowledge that their suggested answer had no chance whatsoever of happening. It might happen and it might not. But it sounds a tad more likely than Borat walking into the club just now and no news is not currently good news at B6.            

Russ Lynch having more for us next week could be related to all this "Bob Rich. 12th June. Remember the name, remember the date." Stuff that's been about on Twitter for about a week now. It could also be nothing at all.

With regards to the takeover, timing and our budget for this summer.

Surely if we scrape by this summer covering holes in the squad with frees on sensible wages then Randy will struggle to sell the club for a minimum of 12 months.

Because if we go into the new season without improving the squad to any great extent then we will be on short odds for relegation. Can't imagine any owner wanting to buy a club looking likely to relegated and without the chance of doing anything much to save them.

Surely if we scrape by this summer covering holes in the squad with frees on sensible wages then Randy will struggle to sell the club for a minimum of 12 months.

Because if we go into the new season without improving the squad to any great extent then we will be on short odds for relegation. Can't imagine any owner wanting to buy a club looking likely to relegated and without the chance of doing anything much to save them.

Agree with this. It's looking very bleak in my opinion. Hopefully with a bit more depth again the squad and luck with injuries we can escape relegation again. I do think Vlaar and Delph will leave though so hopefully the money will be used to replace them both.

Yeah I said similar not long back. No owner is going to spend £200 million and risk going down. If it doesn't happen with enough time to sign some quality then yep its another 12 months before anyone shows interest.