Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

I hope we start the season with Weiman as the lone striker with Agbonlahor and N'Zogbia as the wingers. Then we can have Delph, Ki, Westwood, KEA, Cole and some younger players rotating through the midfield.

I hope so too, Weimann is a striker, wants to play as a striker, is apparently the best finisher (according to players) and is also pretty pants down the wing. Should just give him a proper chance down the middle i think. Get a new winger in though cos gabby has been shite.

Edit - I read on here that according to the players Weimann is the best finisher?

Edited by tomh621

What about this guy-DeAndre YEDLIN had a good World cup. Can't be expensive.

I think he signed with Roma

He did not. Last I heard Napoli was the likely landing spot for him.

Word is the Roma deal fell through after a transfer fee had been agreed and that it's now down to Napoli and Inter.

Don't forget the club breaks even spending around 20m so it doesn't have to mean a new owner is paying

So we can spend around 30M without breaking FFP? Out of interest, all those clubs that got fined for breaking the rules. Did they slightly go over or blow the rules out the water?
Uefa rules are a loss of 37m over 3 seasons you would need to deduct the losses we have made in previous years from 37m the factor around 20m spending that could be made available if FFP didn't exist because that is what we could spend so if we had lost 37m exactly over previous seasons it would be 20m if 27 it would be 30 if the owner wanted to chip his own money in which he won't equally if it were 47m we would have 10m. Got it?

So how much can we spend?

Don't forget the club breaks even spending around 20m so it doesn't have to mean a new owner is paying

So we can spend around 30M without breaking FFP? Out of interest, all those clubs that got fined for breaking the rules. Did they slightly go over or blow the rules out the water?
Uefa rules are a loss of 37m over 3 seasons you would need to deduct the losses we have made in previous years from 37m the factor around 20m spending that could be made available if FFP didn't exist because that is what we could spend so if we had lost 37m exactly over previous seasons it would be 20m if 27 it would be 30 if the owner wanted to chip his own money in which he won't equally if it were 47m we would have 10m. Got it?

Nothing whilst Randy is still here.

• Like 1

Depends on the last few years finances and I've only seen last years.

Perhaps someone else knows what the losses were?

Ben Arfa apparently unsettled and hasn't been given a squad number at NUFC. Could definitely do a job here, would probably take a 5-7m bid though?

Not a chance of getting him. He seems like a massive word removed too if I'm honest

Many people say the same thing about Hutton (probably unfairly) but he seems to be getting a shot. Maybe with Lambert's change of direction regarding the type of players we're signing, he'd be interested?

Ben Arfa apparently unsettled and hasn't been given a squad number at NUFC. Could definitely do a job here, would probably take a 5-7m bid though?

Would be a good player... Him one side and n'zogbia the other.... Benteke/kozak/bent in the middle..... On paper would do damage!

Also he's good on FIFA so screw it!

Talented, lazy, sulky, self important and permanently injured. We already have Zog for that.

• Like 2

I still think our weakest area is defensive midfield/central midfield. We have; Delph, El Ahmadi, Westwood, Herd, Gardner, Carruthers and Johnson. I personally think we should send Gardner (3 months), Carruthers (season) and Johnson (season) out on loan. Herd will take time to recover but could still be a good utility player.

Francis Coqelin (Arsenal and France u21) could be good for us I think. Or do we go with what we've got and put more faith in the likes of Gardner and Carruthers?

With Sylla gone I think Herd and Gardner will get a lot of games this season. I don't think either of them are special players but they have the ability to take on specific roles in the side. If Lowton and Hutton are both suddenly realistic options at right back this season then you have to add Bacuna to the midfield equation as well.

Not sure Carruthers and Johnson have the quality at this level.

Still think a top quality CM is a must.

Also still not sure about the defence.

I still think our weakest area is defensive midfield/central midfield. We have; Delph, El Ahmadi, Westwood, Herd, Gardner, Carruthers and Johnson. I personally think we should send Gardner (3 months), Carruthers (season) and Johnson (season) out on loan. Herd will take time to recover but could still be a good utility player.

Francis Coqelin (Arsenal and France u21) could be good for us I think. Or do we go with what we've got and put more faith in the likes of Gardner and Carruthers?[/

There's no point loaning out our U21's to loan in someone else's. Give Gardner a chance. I think carruthers could probably do with another loan and definitely Johnson. I'd loan Robinson out once Kozak and Benteke are back unless he has made a big impact by then. Getting a LB and CM should be our main priorities if we got Bertrand and Ki we'd be sorted