Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

I wouldn't go near an MLS player, at least a seasoned one. The change of pace is too much.

Agreed.  Guzan has been terrible.

Leicester will spend more than us this summer

...and also most other teams in the Premier League.  What's your point?

That we are being asked to compete and retain our status on that basis. And highlighting that lambert has to take credit for keeping us in this division on that basis and also to highlight what a totally woeful and useless owner we have who is on a par with ellis

That we are being asked to compete and retain our status on that basis. And highlighting that lambert has to take credit for keeping us in this division on that basis and also to highlight what a totally woeful and useless owner we have who is on a par with ellis

Fair enough :)

I really don't think we have anything to worry about in terms of relegation dogfights this season though.

If we keep Vlaar, and I really don't know what everyone is worrying about. We will have Okore back, Zoggy, Hutton(meh), Kozak, Richardson and Cole. A lot of experience that will help everyone.

Would be nice to add one or two quality additions, but this squad should tide us over for another year, which is all we can hope for under current ownership.

I am certainly not worrying about what other clubs are spending.

Ridiculous comment. However bad you may perceive him to be, of course he is not on a par with Ellis.

• Like 3

Ridiculous comment. However bad you may perceive him to be, of course he is not on a par with Ellis.

Yep, he is worse.

• Like 1

you may not think so, I do. Yes he has done some ok things for the business but in terms of the football club, nope he is on a par.

EDIT off topic, happy to carry this on the Lerner thread and show why he is on a par

Edited by Richard

Yep, he is worse.

Not worth discussing.

Yep, he is worse.

Not worth discussing.

Ellis left a sound football club, Lerner will leave a **** black hole.

to be fair i think ellis left villa in a good state,the club needed investment off the field however learner is leaving a relegated fight squad 3 years in & fans who have had enough.

i have said before,this club turns over "a lot" of money & should be able to compete with teams 10th-5th in the market for quality players. hence the reign under RL will be remembered as a fail

If Lerner didn't take over when his did, we'd have been doomed the following season. Barry would have been sold to Portsmouth on the cheap, any other half decent players would have jumped ship ASAP, and we'd have been a certain for the drop imo. That would have been down to Ellis.  

• Like 2

If Lerner didn't take over when his did, we'd have been doomed the following season. Barry would have been sold to Portsmouth on the cheap, any other half decent players would have jumped ship ASAP, and we'd have been a certain for the drop imo. That would have been down to Ellis.

Are we not similar to that now? Vlaar and delph will be leaving for free next year, we have limited funds available again and I think we're in for a battle to survive again.

• Like 1

Are we not similar to that now? Vlaar and delph will be leaving for free next year, we have limited funds available again and I think we're in for a battle to survive again.

I think the argument is that while we're currently ****, we were equally as **** when Lerner bought us and he did briefly revive us, whereas Doug bought the reigning European Champions and left us ****.

• Like 1

I honestly believe we're in a better position now, than we were at the end of the Ellis era. It's not great granted, but we really were staring into oblivion at the end. We couldn't even afford to pay for masseurs!

• Like 2