Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

Sign him up! https://vimeo.com/101233952

PS. Just had a run of 45 minutes that explains the topless videos!!

45 minute run probably explains the ball skills as well obviously knackered

Haha believe me fell asleep straight after!!

Sign him up! https://vimeo.com/101233952

PS. Just had a run of 45 minutes that explains the topless videos!!

Skills!!

Pretty impressive.

Thanks haha  :wub:

I still think our weakest area is defensive midfield/central midfield. We have; Delph, El Ahmadi, Westwood, Herd, Gardner, Carruthers and Johnson. I personally think we should send Gardner (3 months), Carruthers (season) and Johnson (season) out on loan. Herd will take time to recover but could still be a good utility player.

Francis Coqelin (Arsenal and France u21) could be good for us I think. Or do we go with what we've got and put more faith in the likes of Gardner and Carruthers?[/

There's no point loaning out our U21's to loan in someone else's. Give Gardner a chance. I think carruthers could probably do with another loan and definitely Johnson. I'd loan Robinson out once Kozak and Benteke are back unless he has made a big impact by then. Getting a LB and CM should be our main priorities if we got Bertrand and Ki we'd be sorted

I hear you. My thoughts were that maybe Coquelin would be good enough for our first XI and has played more top level games in England, France and Germany (I think?). Then cut down on the ones that won't make it. This probably means selling or loaning Carruthers and Johnson.

I think we will go with what we have for LB now. If we go with wing backs we have Richardson and Luna, or if we go defensive full backs we have Baker then Clark and Herd as back up. 

It feels strange to say this before the season kicks off, but seeing the names of Hutton, Bent, Cole, Richardson, Zog, Okore on the team sheet made me feel like we would have a very different and hopefully better squad available to us next season. Plus Gardener is competitively fit and Kozak should return in a month or so. Senderos will add experience, plus hopefully Grealish will be ready to feature. Tonev might even push on, Bacuna will get a chance to play in midfield

I'm not sure how the bomb squad will feel about their re-integration but if we can keep Delph, Vlaar and Gabby then we will be a very different proposition.

Sure there is every possibility the new signings will tank and so will the bomb squad, not saying we will set the world on fire, but we should have enough to stay out of the relegation dogfight.

I agree with you. If we have a fully fit squad to choose from, plus bringing back the bomb squad, it doesn't look bad at all. I think a huge part of the season will be morale with the bomb squad and morale generally with Roy Keane coming in. If we start the season well then confidence will definitely grow...if we start badly and go into those horror fixtures in October struggling then there will be all kinds of pressure.

We'll need a bit of luck along the way but I feel optimistic again. I always feel optimistic with AVFC pre-season... then we start the season and it tends to go pear shaped.

It feels strange to say this before the season kicks off, but seeing the names of Hutton, Bent, Cole, Richardson, Zog, Okore on the team sheet made me feel like we would have a very different and hopefully better squad available to us next season. Plus Gardener is competitively fit and Kozak should return in a month or so. Senderos will add experience, plus hopefully Grealish will be ready to feature. Tonev might even push on, Bacuna will get a chance to play in midfield

I'm not sure how the bomb squad will feel about their re-integration but if we can keep Delph, Vlaar and Gabby then we will be a very different proposition.

Sure there is every possibility the new signings will tank and so will the bomb squad, not saying we will set the world on fire, but we should have enough to stay out of the relegation dogfight.

Good post, agree with all of it

• Like 1

I agree with you. If we have a fully fit squad to choose from, plus bringing back the bomb squad, it doesn't look bad at all. I think a huge part of the season will be morale with the bomb squad and morale generally with Roy Keane coming in. If we start the season well then confidence will definitely grow...if we start badly and go into those horror fixtures in October struggling then there will be all kinds of pressure.

We'll need a bit of luck along the way but I feel optimistic again. I always feel optimistic with AVFC pre-season... then we start the season and it tends to go pear shaped.

We def need luck and lets face it we are due some, we were second in the injury league behind Arsenal last season.

• Like 1

IMO a lot of injuries happen because of

1. Players over extending their physical abilities (trying too hard)

2. We call some players sick note but I personally think that they have a problem with how they move as in their running technique etc.

• Like 1

Sell Ron vlaar and I wouldn't be surprised to see a move for lascelles from Forest

Isn't he a young lad?

If we sell vlaar I hope we sign someone with a bit of experience. I know we have Senderos but he really should be back up .

I wish I could get the buzz but apart from Gardiner and Grealish the only other player I'm looking forward to seeing play is Cole all of the rest have proved that they aren't up to it consistently.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Vlaar go (even though I don't rate him highly he is still our best defender) which could mean having to watch the chuckle brothers and Senderos butcher the game I love. I would be a little bit more optimistic if Vlaar were to sign a new contract and Okore is able to live up to the hype, we will see.

Mathieu Valbuena moving to Dynamo Moscow for as little as £5-6m apparently.

Shame we are unwilling to spend any money as he would be a steal at that fee even thou he's 29 now

Not sure if he's suited to the premier league, he's absolutely tiny. 

I'd say the french league is just as physical as the PL.

He get's by on pace, technique and intelligence, just like the Zolas, Juninhos and David Silvas before him.

Im sure he'd do fine, if he was a CB i'd be worried

• Like 1