Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

Linked with Sergi Darder in Marca. Doubtful, but would be great.

Name rings a bell. Swear we were linked with him a few months ago.

Correct. He even got his own thread.

So....if the season started today, would our starting XI look like....

Guzan

Lowton        Vlaar                           Okore        Bennett

Bacuna        Westwood       Richardson

Delph                   Cole

Bent 

?

The line up would lose about 3-1 at Stoke. For all their faults Gabby and Weimann should be starting with those options.

Words can't explain how much I dislike that line up, if we go into the season with that team I really fear for us.

Transfers gone mad when Sunderland are paying 14 million for borini

Stupid amount of money and he won't even make them better than they were last season. They just spent 14m to stand still.

Off topic but the Borini deal epitomises the stupidity of some Premier League clubs. Borini isn't worth any more than 7m. I would have taken a punt on someone like Ings from Burnley. Had a great season last season, and he only has 1 year left on his deal. In fact I would be very pleased if we went after him. Would offer us something different up front.

That said, if Borini is worth £14m, we should really be asking for a similar fee if we sell Vlaar even if he does have 1 year left on his deal.

I think we've slipped way, way behind in terms of finances and player transfers. These players may not be deemed worth these fees, but they're the going rates now and we'll see teams coughing up.

I really don't want to see any nonsense about Lambert having plenty of money to spend during his time here any more.

Still think we'll bring another player in.

• Like 1

Off topic but the Borini deal epitomises the stupidity of some Premier League clubs. Borini isn't worth any more than 7m. I would have taken a punt on someone like Ings from Burnley. Had a great season last season, and he only has 1 year left on his deal. In fact I would be very pleased if we went after him. Would offer us something different up front.

I completely agree when you have 14 you know there is way better value else where

Transfers gone mad when Sunderland are paying 14 million for borini

Stupid amount of money and he won't even make them better than they were last season. They just spent 14m to stand still.

Not sure I agree with that. He will be their asset now which is a progressive step in itself but also if they hadn't signed him, then they wouldn't have him for this season which would make them weaker than last season when they did have him.

Edit: Just to make clear though, £14m is certainly overpriced and could've been spent better. I was more disagreeing with the premise that making a loan deal into a permanent one is "standing still".

Edited by Isa

I would love Borini here, he is a good finisher, can play either side or up top and has balls of steel. A big game mentality.

...saying that, if Sunderland want to pay £14m for him then good luck to them. He won't get them into Europe and he won't increase in value. When you spend £14m or £18m just to stand still in the PL you know you are **** in the long run.

Some clubs never learn, I would like to think we have.

Yeah Borini is actually a good player and did well at Sunderland last year. 14 Million seems steep but that's just the way it is at the moment. That's why I'd be pretty shocked if we managed to get someone like Ki for as little as 3 Million or whatever it's meant to be, last year of contract or not.

Sll Hutton to Boggies, buy Yedln, ideal for awing back role, play Bacuna on the right of a 3 man midfield alongside Ki and Delph, get 2 good attacking playrs to play alongside CB.....sorted and cheap.

If Delph goes, but De Guzman or Dembele.

If  Vlaar goes then i still would be tempted to go for Kaboul, or maybe Olsson from Olybion

This was just posted on Twatter

TransferDavid @FootieDav  ·  22m

Ashley Young will move back to Villa Park. #avfc #MUFC

You will maybe think no chance, but 13 hours ago the same account tweeted

TransferDavid @FootieDav  ·  13h

Been told that Remy is set to sign a 5-year deal with #LFC, follow us for more details coming later. #qpr #Premier League #transfers #TransferRumour

Then 14 minutes ago this was tweeted.

Pete O'Rourke @SkySportsPeteO 14m

Liverpool have agreed a fee of £8.5million with QPR for striker Loic Remy. #lfc #QPR

If we could bring in Ki and Young for relatively cheap I'd be happy. Would hope that we wouldn't spend more than £4m or so if we did buy Young back, rather we picked up somebody with potential from another league if we were to spend bigger.