Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

Ben Arfa apparently unsettled and hasn't been given a squad number at NUFC. Could definitely do a job here, would probably take a 5-7m bid though?

Would be a good player... Him one side and n'zogbia the other.... Benteke/kozak/bent in the middle..... On paper would do damage!

Also he's good on FIFA so screw it!

Fatem Ben Arfa.

Have either of you actually seen this guy play?

Ben Arfa apparently unsettled and hasn't been given a squad number at NUFC. Could definitely do a job here, would probably take a 5-7m bid though?

Would be a good player... Him one side and n'zogbia the other.... Benteke/kozak/bent in the middle..... On paper would do damage!

Also he's good on FIFA so screw it!

Fatem Ben Arfa.

Have either of you actually seen this guy play?

5-7 million plus a 40 tonne crane to get him here

IMO a lot of injuries happen because of

1. Players over extending their physical abilities (trying too hard)

2. We call some players sick note but I personally think that they have a problem with how they move as in their running technique etc.

The second point you make here is actually valid & on point. Myself am a competing powerlifter & I spend an awful lot of time on mobility work, movement patterns ect. I see some of these players as an eg almost laying flat when they drive, how on earth is that supporting the spine,hips ect

Arsenal recently had Kelly Starrett over from USA working with coaches & players on movement patterns, corrective work & the like. If you cannot even walk correctly how can you do support the system in sporting situations.

You can be totally unlucky & just have a randomly injury but the body will only go through so many cycles in a compromised position. Maybe a weeks, months, years but eventually the body will break down.

I'll use the heel cord as an eg as recently I help a local footballer. He tore his heel core, I mean to do that is unreal. An example being they're strong enough to hang a small car from.

On watching this guy even walk it was wrong.

Apologise for the long post, this is a topic close to my heart.

Edited by mightysasquatch
  • Like 1

2. We call some players sick note but I personally think that they have a problem with how they move as in their running technique etc.

The second point you make here is actually valid & on point. Myself am a competing powerlifter & I spend an awful lot of time on mobility work, movement patterns ect. I see some of these players as an eg almost laying flat when they drive, how on earth is that supporting the spine,hips ect

Arsenal recently had Kelly Starrett over from USA working with coaches & players on movement patterns, corrective work & the like. If you cannot even walk correctly how can you do support the system in sporting situations.

You can be totally unlucky & just have a randomly injury but the body will only go through so many cycles in a compromised position. Maybe a weeks, months, years but eventually the body will break down.

I'll use the heel cord as an eg as recently I help a local footballer. He tore his heel core, I mean to do that is unreal. An example being they're strong enough to hang a small car from.

Good post. You see so many footballers with bad movement mechanics. The amount that run and jump duck footed is ridiculous.

Good post. You see so many footballers with bad movement mechanics. The amount that run and jump duck footed is ridiculous.

pires.jpg

pires.jpg

Looks at his left foot, foot turned out & the ankle/arch has collapsed.

I'm almost willing to bet a months wages that they do no ankle mobility work, which considering they want range of motion for striking with in instep/the outside of the foot.

Ben Arfa used to be great. He might not be so good with his new belly.

Bs10CcjCUAAKKLp.png

While on his day he's a great player, but his day was usually just against us and not much more. Not to mention he's the last sort of character we need at the moment.

daily mail linking us with Christian atsu off Chelsea today (loan) but saying that Everton want him as well, write him off then

I would write that off cause it's the Daily Mail, not because of Everton

• Like 1

RealAVFCinsider ‏@AvfcRealinsider 34s

BREAKING; Mbia is flying out to Dallas to complete a medical and sign a two year deal today #avfc

It's a newish account to twitter, few days old and has said other stuff about Villa, but nothing in the way of transfers.

Sounds incontrovertible. Any news on his number, I'll get my shirt printed today.

BREAKING; Mbia is flying out to Dallas to complete a medical and sign a two year deal today #avfc

It's a newish account to twitter, few days old and has said other stuff about Villa, but nothing in the way of transfers.

Yeah but then there's shit like this which kills all credibility:

Villa have bid for Fabio Borini hence why he wants to move to a bigger club and not a shit hole in wearside #SAFC #AVFC

Yeah but then there's shit like this which kills all credibility:

Villa have bid for Fabio Borini hence why he wants to move to a bigger club and not a shit hole in wearside #SAFC #AVFC

I'm not defending the account as a few days ago I told him to stop talking shit, but Borini hasn't accepted the Sunderland offer has he? as of yet anyway, only clubs have agreed a fee.