André Green

sir_gary_cahill

16 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I do understand where you're coming from theboyangel but I think it's worth remembering that not so long ago, he was at Biggleswade Town. He has come a long way in a short space of time

That's why I'm not getting carried away with his development.

he's done extremely well to get where he's at but I don't think he has enough to make the next step.

4 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

he's done extremely well to get where he's at but I don't think he has enough to make the next step.

Fair enough, I suppose we'll just have to wait and see :)

• Like 1

He seems a bit more physical than Jack, and up for the demands of this league. He is also more up for tracking back and doing the dirty work. he gets his cross in more often than not and Hogan needs to make more near post runs for him. I also feel that when he finally gets a goal, he could go on a run and get a few. Starting LW for me. 

On 7/16/2017 at 20:14, theboyangel said:

You might be right but i'll tell you what, I see what the "hype" around him is, much more than I ever have Jack.

I'd be frankly disgusted if he's not a regular first teamer this season. Not expecting ever-present, but at least as regular as the likes of Grealish.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

I'd be frankly disgusted if he's not a regular first teamer this season. Not expecting ever-present, but at least as regular as the likes of Grealish.

Bruce seems to really like him. Bruce gave Green a chance last season and impressed. If it weren't for his injury, I think Green would have made that LW spot his own. 

Just now, Czechlad said:

Bruce seems to really like him. Bruce gave Green a chance last season and impressed. If it weren't for his injury, I think Green would have made that LW spot his own. 

I hope so, but it's one thing saying it.  It's good man-management to say it.  It needs to happen too.

Every game I'm hoping he finally does something so that I 'get' the hype, like everyone else. But I'm afraid I'm still waiting.

He's got a bit of pace and he's got the pyhsique of a man, but I'm yet to see much more from him. Against Shrewsbury Amavi took on more defenders in a brief cameo than Green did. Tonight Green's passing and first touch was sloppy. I'll give credit where it's due, he does work hard and helps out defensively, but I'm still waiting to see something that should put him ahead of Adomah/ McCormack/ Hogan/ Grealish as a starting player.

• Like 3

Â