André Green

sir_gary_cahill

He should hopefully be back in at left wing before too long. Amavi has done a really good job of covering the position while we had no-one, now Green needs a chance to impress and put himself in the managers mind for next season. I think we'll buy a left sider in the summer, so he'll need to impress in order to play next year.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Didn't he play in the week for the u23s though?

No idea but Bruce said he was injured in his post match interview on WM 

• 2 months later...

There's a bit of a twitter storm after he initially posted 

ready for what's next.... (followed by angry face, walking away man and a lion emojis)

then he posted the same message but without the angry face emoji.

Hopefully it doesnt mean he's been shipped out? 

(have no idea how to copy tweets sorry!)

22 minutes ago, daggy_333 said:

He's since liked some posts which would suggest it was a misunderstanding and that he's not leaving.

I do hope so, he should be the future of our club.

would rather lose Grealish in all honesty 

• Like 2

There was an article from Sherwood saying how good Green is/could be, that he had the perfect attitude and at his next club he would do whatever to sign him. Then Green posted the tweet which had people worried I guess? 

Not a chance he'd be going anywhere though.

One player he’d love to work with again was Villa’s Andre Green, admitting that he would sign the 18-year-old in a heartbeat.

The ex-Spurs boss said: “Andre Green is one who, if I was to go and get a job, he’d be one I’d be coming to take.

“Andre has got an attitude to die for and I think he needs to continue that.

“He’s a man physically already and he’s got so much in the locker there.

“He can play centre forward; he can play off the left. Andre Green has got a massive future.”

There it is http://www.myoldmansaid.com/tim-sherwood-interview-tim-discusses-john-terry-andre-green-jack-grealish/

Edited by Farlz
  • Like 1

Phew, I hope this is just crossed wires. He's the most promising youngster I've seen outside of defenders from limited viewing. He's strong, direct and young as hell. If you're good enough, you're old enough and he's bloody good. Obviously we don't want to heap too much pressure on but you don't see Everton or Southampton holding back the likes of Barkley, Davies, Ward Prowse etc. They were blooded and played a fun of games in a stronger league. 

• Like 1

Â