André Green

sir_gary_cahill

6 hours ago, Hornso said:

He keeps getting chances, once he breaks his duck and he starts feeling more confident at this level I think he'll put quite a few in.

Totally agree with you!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

There seems to be a lot of people, particularly at the ground, who have a real problem with Green.

I can't for the life of me figure out why.

I haven't seen this at all. If anything he seems to be given much more leeway than most and rightly so given his young age. His end product is pretty awful at the moment but he gets away with it whereas Adomah seemed to get a lot of stick despite having the joint most assists in the league last year.

It's probably just where you're sitting to be fair. Where I am there's people that will constantly criticise certain players even when they're having good games so maybe you've just got people who are like that with Green. It's far worse for other players from a larger number of people from what I've heard.

37 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

It's probably just where you're sitting to be fair. 

You're probably right.

I was determined to move my ST this season but never got round to it.

One match in and I'm sick of it already. We had a new bloke in front of us on Saturday and he was as negative as they come. And one of these that tries to speak to everyone. He was driving me mad.
When the guy next to me (who was receiving most of his conversation) went for a beer he tried talking to me. I actually told him "Watching Villa is depressing enough without having to listen to you moan!". I did it in a jokey way, but still.

The more I go to Villa Park the more I hate a lot of our fans.

• Like 1

I was quite impressed with their full back Aina, who I understand is on loan from Chelsea.....had Gabby under control down the flank

as soon as Greeny came up against him he looked worried, the athleticism unhinged him.....it was a completely different match between two players.

The miss was disappointing but he needs a run in the team.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

On 8/8/2017 at 10:58, Stevo985 said:

You're probably right.

One match in and I'm sick of it already. We had a new bloke in front of us on Saturday and he was as negative as they come. And one of these that tries to speak to everyone. He was driving me mad.
When the guy next to me (who was receiving most of his conversation) went for a beer he tried talking to me. I actually told him "Watching Villa is depressing enough without having to listen to you moan!". I did it in a jokey way, but still.

I think the problem is Steve.....some think 10 years of stagnation can be wiped away in a season......the behind the scenes was broken never mind the team.

The other thing is they love the club so much too......just totally consumed in frustration.

it can be very irritating for the fans surrounding them.....probably alcohol fuelled too.

I went on Saturday and genuinely thought the guy next to me was gonna cry.

"Squeeze it!" whilst gesturing.

It's the first game of the season dickhead, nothing's won or lost, so sit down and chill the **** out before I tut at you or something (I'm scared of getting stabbed).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

It's the first game of the season dickhead, nothing's won or lost, so sit down and chill the **** out before I tut at you or something (I'm scared of getting stabbed).

but in some fans eyes.....that game was a precursor to the rest of the season.:)

35 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Was it rob?

On 08/08/2017 at 10:58, Stevo985 said:

You're probably right.

When I bought my season ticket this year I enquired whether I could move seats throughout the season without any additional charge. The guy confirmed I could, but would just have to pay the difference between the value of the seats as they stood at the start of the season ( if there was one.)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I really do think we need another winger signed. 

I don't think green is consistent enough. 

I agree with you but I think it is worth remembering that Green is only 19 years old and will improve over time

Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

I agree with you but I think it is worth remembering that Green is only 19 years old and will improve over time

I'm a big fan and think the potential is huge. 

He's just not ready to play week in week out yet. 

• Like 1

It just didn't happen for him tonight. I know conditions were poor but his first touch was off he needs to stop trying to over complicate things. Hopefully things will go better the next day for him . 

As a pacy winger tonight wasn't the ideal conditions for him to fully utilize his strengths, but I still saw him getting some good runs in and beating their defenders. At times in tight spots marked by two men. Not his best day overall, but he's definitely a talent and I think he'll do well for us this season.

• Like 1

Â