André Green

sir_gary_cahill

6 hours ago, KSV said:

This kid has "it". I never got that vibe from previous 'stars' we had upcoming.. like the Moore's.. Gardner Grealish.. or even RHM.. (not a fan of his attitude)

This Green kid.. pretty much what Sherwood said.. his attitude looks spot on. On the field he just looks the biz too. Cant wait to see him play often this season. No loaning him out please. He is ready for the Championship. 

I agree.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TRO said:

I like Andre, i think he wil be a good player for us.

not quite ready yet, but paradoxically, he needs game time in the first eleven.

development football is over for him.....he needs to learn his game with the big boys now.

pretty much this. He needs to play more than hes benched imo. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, KSV said:

This kid has "it". I never got that vibe from previous 'stars' we had upcoming.. like the Moore's.. Gardner Grealish.. or even RHM.. (not a fan of his attitude)

This Green kid.. pretty much what Sherwood said.. his attitude looks spot on. On the field he just looks the biz too. Cant wait to see him play often this season. No loaning him out please. He is ready for the Championship. 

Why aren't you a fan of RHM's attitude? Because he was reported to have stalled on a new deal? I think his attitude is spot on, it's where the likes of Delfouneso failed, I think he's got it

• Like 1

On 6/24/2017 at 12:45, KSV said:

pretty much this. He needs to play more than hes benched imo. 

I agree

However,Its tricky making the step up from the academy.

A manager needs to trust the player not to put the team under pressure with his pitch craft.

They need to focus on not giving the ball away cheaply too often.....in some cases like him and Jack, its not their natural game, but they must learn it.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Why aren't you a fan of RHM's attitude? Because he was reported to have stalled on a new deal? I think his attitude is spot on, it's where the likes of Delfouneso failed, I think he's got it

Nothing concrete.. and i dont know him personally.. i could be wrong.. but the vibe i get off him.. is that its all gone to his head.. he looks very cocky on his instagram etc these days. I remember chatting to him a few years back and he seemed pretty chilled..  I just hope he doesnt get all Grealish like and thinks he made it before he has and forgets to work hard. Just a hunch

Green just looks focused.. seems really down to earth and looks like hes training hard in the off season. 

Just my opinion.. i could be completely wrong but its the vibe i get off him. 

Edited by KSV
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, KSV said:

Nothing concrete.. and i dont know him personally.. i could be wrong.. but the vibe i get off him.. is that its all gone to his head.. he looks very cocky on his instagram etc these days. I remember chatting to him a few years back and he seemed pretty chilled..  I just hope he doesnt get all Grealish like and thinks he made it before he has and forgets to work hard. Just a hunch he has. 

Green just looks focused.. seems really down to earth and looks like hes training hard in the off season. 

Just my opinion.. i could be completely wrong but its the vibe i get off him. 

Fair enough

Just now, osmark86 said:

One of the most promising academy players atm. I really hope he is given a lot of chances in the first team next season, because he really seems like the real deal. I think he will end up being more of the finished product compared to our other academy prospects over the past couple of years. here's hoping..

I agree, he was inches wide of a couple of spectaular goals last season, huge potential. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

I think he is already good enough.

We have a habit of not playing young players untill they are 22/23, unlike many other teams.

As for pressure, the confidence of youth will always carry them through.

Agreed, he should be a starter next season. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

I think he is already good enough.

We have a habit of not playing young players untill they are 22/23, unlike many other teams.

As for pressure, the confidence of youth will always carry them through.

To an extent, I think the others just aren't ready. Green has been a great asset to have, though, and has shown potential almost every time he's played.

I'm not sure he should be a nailed on first team starter just yet, but should definitely get more game time this season. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I have to admit I see more potential in Green than Grealish. This guy looks like a potential explosive player 

completely agree. if he continues on his current trajectory he'll be an instrumental player for us this season. he's definitely ready for first team action and should be given the same chance as any other midfielder to break into the squad imo.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

You just need to look at the guy's physique to see how determined he is. The guy is an absolute tank, explosive pace and power. Grealish still looks like someone who rolls out of bed at midday and eats sugarpuff sandwiches.

Exactly. All about work ethic and attitude. Thats what makes the difference between talented players who make it and those who dont. Say what you want about Ronaldo.. but his physique is impressive.. considering how small he was when he first joined United. Hard work. 

4 hours ago, KSV said:

Exactly. All about work ethic and attitude. Thats what makes the difference between talented players who make it and those who dont. Say what you want about Ronaldo.. but his physique is impressive.. considering how small he was when he first joined United. Hard work. 

No substitute.

was it Gary Player who said? " The harder I work, the luckier I get"

sound words for any up and coming footballer.

• Like 3

Can we please not make judgements based on social media profiles? Loads of sports stars are complete tools on instagram/facebook/twitter but it has no bearing on how hard they work on the training ground or on match day. I don't remember seeing Green slack off when he's played for us and that's what I think he should be judged on. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lexicon said:

Can we please not make judgements based on social media profiles? Loads of sports stars are complete tools on instagram/facebook/twitter but it has no bearing on how hard they work on the training ground or on match day. I don't remember seeing Green slack off when he's played for us and that's what I think he should be judged on. 

Disagree. I think you can tell alot about the person they are. Theres a reason why Wenger used to go to the training ground to scout his players.. he wanted to know what they were like off the field. Managers often meet the players to make sure their attitude is good rather than just buying off DVD's like they used to. Its not the be all and end all but it definitely plays a part. 

Â