André Green

sir_gary_cahill

Instantly changed to the game as soon as he came on. Eased the pressure on our midfield and defence, allowed Elmo back into the game because Hull suddenly had another target to mark, and if he'd come on earlier I'm sure we would have won.

Shame he didn't score but to me it seemed like a surprise that the ball came through to him but I haven't seen any replays so am just going from my immediate reaction to the miss.

3 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Awful crossing and awful miss. 

Made some positive runs but also showed why he shouldn't be a regular starter. 

Could just be lack of match sharpness? He was really good last season before he got hurt. I expect him to come good, but needs some confidence. Let's back him, and hope he can come good. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DCJonah said:

genuinely interested to hear who in our current squad you'd start ahead of him.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, villan-scott said:

Proper winger. Made a huge difference when he came on. Linked nicely with Onomah when they both came on. 

I hope he gets more starts this season. 

Would start with both at Cardiff . 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Would start with both at Cardiff . 

Agreed. Although Gabby got the goal, not sure he's a 90 minute player. I'd bring in Hourihane or Onomah for Bacuna (obviously) and Green for Gabby. 

It'll be better once we get Kodjia and Adomah fit so we can change it up more freely, hopefully. 

• Like 1

The kid needs a goal.  Confidence seems to be lacking which is why he does more of the easy stuff. When the confidence comes wouldn't be surprised to see him up there with Ash Young at his best. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

genuinely interested to hear who in our current squad you'd start ahead of him.

I think we really need another wide player. I said last week we have really no competition there. Gabby can do a job and Green will have moments but I think we are weak in that position. 

• Like 1

He gave Hull something to think about when he came on. I think they struggled somewhat with him and Taylor on the left. Aina needed a lot more support and they eventually switched Bowen back over to that side as he seems to do a bit more leg work than Grosicki. 

He should have scored though - it was an open goal. A very poor miss. 

11 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Thought the opposite - took the game to the opposition and showed why he SHOULD be starting games. 

(But yes, terrible miss)

Terrible miss. Heading is not his strong point. Most his finishing has been decent. Hit the post a few times! He will get better. I hope we dont judge him too soon.. hes only 19. This happened to Marc Albrighton too. Give him time and games. He needs experience. 

6 hours ago, bobzy said:

Thought the opposite - took the game to the opposition and showed why he SHOULD be starting games. 

(But yes, terrible miss)

To be fair, compared to other options we have he probably should be playing. 

But I don't think he's at that point where he should be starting regular for a team aiming for automatic promotion. Think his final ball and decision making is way too inconsistent. Like his direct running but it doesn't lead to enough. 

Clearly going to be a good player but just not there for me yet. And not his fault, at 19 I wouldn't expect him to be. 

Â