André Green

sir_gary_cahill

Very baffling and frustrating what's happened with this chap.  I distinctly remember the odd flash of bite and swagger about Green.  And now he almost looks surprised to find himself on a football pitch, bemused he's a footballer, like some embarrassing dream.

Is it too rude to suggest we smuggle him into the ascendant Villa Ladies, like in some strange 90s comedy?

21 minutes ago, Shomin Geki said:

Very baffling and frustrating what's happened with this chap.  I distinctly remember the odd flash of bite and swagger about Green.  And now he almost looks surprised to find himself on a football pitch, bemused he's a footballer, like some embarrassing dream.

Is it too rude to suggest we smuggle him into the ascendant Villa Ladies, like in some strange 90s comedy?

He got some injuries which I think took a lot from him psychologically. Was a game in 2017/18 think vs Norwich and he was brilliant and think got an injury soon after left him on shelf for a whikr

• Like 2

excuse the pun but you find out who's waiting in the wings...

not sure who the next man up is, if its no one then you see who we buy in if that's also no one then you might as well throw him a token 1 or 2 year extension for sensible money

I don't think we have anyone breaking through in his position and if kodjia goes then we are very thin for wide men

Whatever happens with Green, he’ll have a good career, he’s been around the fringes of our first team for a long time now without ever really establishing himself. He’s had a lot of injuries in that time, he might need to drop down a couple of divisions in order to come back up. He probably broke through too early in his development, it didn’t help him

49 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Whatever happens with Green, he’ll have a good career, he’s been around the fringes of our first team for a long time now without ever really establishing himself. He’s had a lot of injuries in that time, he might need to drop down a couple of divisions in order to come back up. He probably broke through too early in his development, it didn’t help him

I disagree.
He'll drop down to League 1/2 and stay there. Not a slight on him as he always gave 100%, he was just never nearly good enough. 

It would be nice at some point in the future to have a decent winger again. An Ashley Young type. What a fantastic winger he was. 

On 18/11/2019 at 11:36, Shomin Geki said:

Start of 2017 season he was flying, was getting in loads of scoring positions but just couldn't finish and then hit a lovely goal v Norwich. Then got a couple of bad injuries and hasn't been the same since.

If we'd stayed down he wouldn't have been loaned out and would've got games for us this season but yeah if we're aiming to be top 10 club in next two seasons I can't really see him being good enough for that level as we will strengthen further.

• Like 1

sad for the lad....I thought he had what it takes....that's why I'm not a scout.

He has had some golden moments, like all players....its just the icing on the cake......but the ones that make it are the cake.

I wouldn't write him off just because he isn't getting in the Preston team, they're second in the championship which is an higher placing than we ever managed whilst down there, not much difference between the top of that league and the bottom of the premier league. Sometimes players just don't fit in at certain clubs and with certain managers, presuming he's not injured then I think that's what's happening with Green and Preston. It was a strange loan to begin with as some of their better players already play in his position, they didn't really need him. Think it would be a mistake for us to just let him go in the summer.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Remember this like it was yesterday, really thought last season would be a breakthrough season for him. Unfortunately he’ll never be good enough at Prem level.

This pre-season friendly will be the highlights reel for his career. 

On 20/11/2019 at 07:30, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Remember this like it was yesterday, really thought last season would be a breakthrough season for him. Unfortunately he’ll never be good enough at Prem level.

I particularly like Whelan’s shot that set up the first goal. Jokes aside, it’s funny how different we look in what 16 months. Even Jack looks smaller. And he’s the only one who’s left pretty much.

• 4 weeks later...

Aston Villa are ready to terminate Andre Green’s loan deal at Preston North End ahead of the January window, Football Insider understands.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-aston-villa-set-to-terminate-loan-deal-early/

not sure how reliable the source...sounds like it's due to lack of game time

Edited by tomav84

27 minutes ago, useless said:

Should save us a bit of money in the transfer market, would have been better off keeping him in the first place.

Not really, he's gash.

Couldn't even get in the PNE team, nowhere near good enough, that simple really.

Â