André Green

sir_gary_cahill

1 minute ago, useless said:

Was on the bench for Preston's 2-0 win over Brentford on September 14th but hasn't been in any of the squads for their four league games since then, although he was on the bench against Man City in the league cup. From what I can gather he isn't even injured, or if he is the Preston fans haven't been told about it. Tom Bayliss is another one, was being talked about as a possible signing for us, but hasn't made any of there squads for league games, although he isn't injured and has been playing in the league cup. They've been massively in form since the start of this year though, only Albion have picked up more points, so it's hard for players to break into their side.

To be fair though, if green can't break in to their side, he has zero chance at Villa.

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

To be fair though, if green can't break in to their side, he has zero chance at Villa.

Not necessarily always the case, I remember gabby struggling to get into the Watford team in the championship many moons ago and we all know how that turned out.

think the injury ruined him myself, doesn’t look the same explosive athlete anymore 

But then again he could hardly get into the Portsmouth side, but came back and did okay for us in the second half of last season. But realistically if he want's to break into our side he needs to be playing games. Looking on the Preston forum some of their fans seemed baffled that they signed him, not because they don't rate but because they already have a couple of inform players, Harrop and Maguire, that play his position.

• 3 weeks later...

Remember this lad? On the bench again for Preston. If he can’t get a game at that level, is there any future for him at the Villa? Should we recall him and send him to a league 1 side? It can’t be doing him any good sat on the bench. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Remember this lad? On the bench again for Preston. If he can’t get a game at that level, is there any future for him at the Villa? Should we recall him and send him to a league 1 side? It can’t be doing him any good sat on the bench. 

I asked this same question a few weeks ago on this thread. This current situation doesn't benefit anyone.

53 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Doesn't his contract expire this summer?

If so it didn't really matter, can't see it being extended.

It's worth recalling him and giving him a go at another Championship club that doesn't have promotion ambitions.

I'm not surprised Preston won't give him a game, I don't think he contributed anywhere near enough for us last season, he isn't good enough for a top end championship team yet. He may cut it lower down in the table though.

Should all be about getting him to impress a team down there for a sale, IMO, he's not good enough for us, even if we go down again.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Doesn't his contract expire this summer?

If so it didn't really matter, can't see it being extended.

Yep, signed a contract until 2020. 

Unfortunately he suffered the handshake of death at the same time. 

719AEBA6-1036-4355-AA84-C7D6901BFB52.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Yep, signed a contract until 2020. 

Unfortunately he suffered the handshake of death at the same time. 

719AEBA6-1036-4355-AA84-C7D6901BFB52.jpeg

That office :crylaugh:

Looks like some shady car dealership or the office of Lionel Hutz.

I bet that's the room where Sherwood used to give his famous facials.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

I think he's done either way and we're not that bothered. It's a shame that he hasn't come on as a player but he is so far behind technically that he'll never get a game for us - both his passing and especially his crossing are pretty bad, in all honesty. Always a shame when a player doesn't make the grade but what can you do?

18 hours ago, sne said:

That office :crylaugh:

Looks like some shady car dealership or the office of Lionel Hutz.

I bet that's the room where Sherwood used to give his famous facials.

I mostly think it's astonishing that we have stained glass windows somewhere. Were we aiming for an ecclesiastical feel in this office?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not in the Preston squad again today, of their last nine league games he's only been on the bench once, in that game he came on for the last minute, I don't think he's injured either as during the same period he's played in the league cup for them. If there's an option could probably do with recalling him in January and sending him somewhere else.

4 minutes ago, useless said:

Not in the Preston squad again today, of their last nine league games he's only been on the bench once, in that game he came on for the last minute, I don't think he's injured either as during the same period he's played in the league cup for them. If there's an option could probably do with recalling him in January and sending him somewhere else.

He is out of contract in the summer and won't be returning imo. 

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

My mate who is a Preston fan says he has been crap on the few appearances he has made for them.

I think he will be gone come the summer. Injury prone and has one good game in ten. Not good enough for this level 

I don't think he's even made 10 appearances for them yet.

Always a shame when an exciting prospect doesn’t make the grade. But the PL is a bloody hard league in which to make it.

He’d be best off getting to a League 2 or League 1 club while he’s still young and try to tear up those leagues and work his way up.

I often think a lot of talented youngesters at big clubs have it far to easy and cushy. Takes the fight out of them.

Edited by TheAuthority
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Always a shame when an exciting prospect doesn’t make the grade. But the PL is a bloody hard league in which to make it.

He’d be best off getting to a League 2 or League 1 club while he’s still young and try to tear up those leagues and work his way up.

I often think a lot of talented youngesters at big clubs have it far to easy and cushy. Takes the fight out of them.

He's turning 22 tbf. But yeah I agree. Especially the fight bit. 

Â