André Green

sir_gary_cahill

When all is said and done are we really that much better than Preston, they're near the top of the championship and we're near the bottom of the Premier league. I don't think him not getting into their sides us much, we're not exactly amazing ourselves.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Had a look at the championship table and it seems like they're gunning for an automatic promotion place. Can understand why he isn't getting games then, back then we were fighting for the playoffs and even then it didn't feel like Green was good enough. Probably a low-end Championship player I feel right now.

He's 21 years old, he's not that young and I'm gonna take a massive gander here and say the top end of the Championship is probably his ceiling, even if he does improve over time.

Preston are 10 pts adrift of 2nd....I don't think they will be getting an automatic promotion spot.

As for Andre, just not good enough for us so will probably be sold in January.

Edited by New_Hope

This time last season Sheffield United were eight points behind Leeds, they finished the season six points ahead of them. I've watched quite a bit of the championship this season, and Preston are one of the better teams, saying that clubs near the bottom of the Premier league aren't much better than them isn't criticism. in fact last season when we were in the championship the idea that the better teams near the top of that division were much of a muchness with teams near the bottom of the premier league, was used as a means to indicate we'd be okay if we were to get promoted, but now that we're one of those teams near the bottom of the premier league it's suddenly not okay to say that there's not much difference between teams near the top of the championship and those near the bottom of the premier league.

• Like 1

Think it's a bit more complex when comparing clubs in the PL to clubs the Championship.

Those championship clubs at the top are playing with confidence against poorer sides while the bottom PL clubs are playing without confidence against much better sides in the PL.

Think the gap between PL and Championship is actually quite big.

As for Green, he might still have a career, but he's going to have to take the long road.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, useless said:

This time last season Sheffield United were eight points behind Leeds, they finished the season six points ahead of them. I've watched quite a bit of the championship this season, and Preston are one of the better teams, saying that clubs near the bottom of the Premier league aren't much better than them isn't criticism. in fact last season when we were in the championship the idea that the better teams near the top of that division were much of a muchness with teams near the bottom of the premier league, was used as a means to indicate we'd be okay if we were to get promoted, but now that we're one of those teams near the bottom of the premier league it's suddenly not okay to say that there's not much difference between teams near the top of the championship and those near the bottom of the premier league.

I think it depends on what better means......those in the Prem are Better technically, yes.

Leeds and Albion have a bit  (technical prowess and physicality ) of both, that's why they are at the top.....especially with Charlie Austin at Albion.

back to Andre Green for me,he is not going to make it at our level....if he can't make a mark at Preston.

Edited by TRO

Sheffield United spent quite a bit of money but their first eleven mostly consists of players that they used last season, Norwich hardly signed anyone and are competitive in the division, as were Cardiff last season. There might be big gap between top end championship clubs and those premier league sides that stay up comfortably, but there's no such gap in quality between teams in the premier league who struggle all season and those at the top of the championship, if there was then the three teams that were relegated would come straight back up every season providing they only lose or two players, and every club that was promoted would come straight back down unless they spent a fortune to plug this so called 'gap' in quality, but the truth is many clubs are promoted don't spend a great deal and are still competitive in the premier league.

• 2 weeks later...
Â