André Green

sir_gary_cahill

1 hour ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

There is plenty of point doing it if he could be sold for say £5m or better still becomes a player worth £10m and good enough for us at a premier league level. He certainly has more raw talent than Trezeguet and is still young.

Yeah....ok 🤣🤣🤣

6 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Gabby is a different class of player compared to green.

I think some forget how good gabby was his first 5 or so years in the league

Agree. Gabby had the raw materials to be a Top 4 player, but he was badly coached and didn't manage his own career well. His biggest mistake was getting hench in the summer of 2009, which I've always assumed was a personal decision. I'll never forget seeing him run on the pitch in the opening game of 09/10 and several people sitting around me asking who it was, because he looked like the Michelin Man.

He actually had a great goalscoring season that year, but his career fell off a cliff shortly after, and I'm sure carrying all that extra weight at [quick Google] age 23 was a disaster for him long-term, because it took the edge off his "superpower" - his lightning pace.

Houllier told him to stop working out, but the damage had been done by then, and he was never really the same threat on the counter.

Andre Green comes across as a very nice lad, but he doesn't have any superpowers as far as I can see. He's just a decent, hardworking wide midfielder. I hope his career goes well, but I don't think he has anything like the same potential as Gabby had at the same age.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

There is plenty of point doing it if he could be sold for say £5m or better still becomes a player worth £10m and good enough for us at a premier league level. He certainly has more raw talent than Trezeguet and is still young.

Nonsense. Trez is a 25 year-old who has earned himself 40 international caps. He has struggled to adjust to the Premier League obviously, but there’s clearly a player there.

Andre Green has started a dozen or so professional matches in his life. Comparing the two is madness.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Enda said:

Nonsense. Trez is a 25 year-old who has earned himself 40 international caps. He has struggled to adjust to the Premier League obviously, but there’s clearly a player there.

Andre Green has started a dozen or so professional matches in his life. Comparing the two is madness.

Tbf, earning caps for the Egyptian national team doesn't really mean much. I believe there are only 3 Egyptian players who are playing in any of the top 5 leagues. All 3 of them play in the PL. And we have 2 of them.

Trez's fanbase makes much more sense when you realize just how starved for options the Egyptian fans are.

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Enda said:

That's not at all obvious.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Gabby was hilariously fast.

How many pens did he win by letting defenders think they could get it before kicking up a gear again.

It’s a key attribute and cannot be coached

ask any defender it’s also their biggest fear as managing a striker is fine but if they’re absolutely rapid you don’t have a huge margin, it’s about stopping the pass before.

out tactics were counter attack under MoN. Mostly send the ball twenty yards in front of gabby as not one single defender apart from Ashley Cole could get him.

we do need serious pace, despite El Ghazi faults and he’s not as quick you can see most defenders giving him a bit of space. 

I think our striker needs to be absolute gas speed. I don’t think we have target man playing style, currently. 

6 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

What would you have said?

What are your hopes for the rest of the season? How were your loan spells? Who were your Villa heroes when you were growing up? And you?

Edited by sir_gary_cahill
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

What are your hopes for the rest of the season? How were your loan spells? Who were your Villa heroes when you were growing up? And you?

I'm not sure I'd have recognised him to be honest! Maybe just 'good luck for the rest of the season, I'll be looking out for how you get on'.

• Like 1

Â