Libor Kozák

samjp26

Now the Mail are reporting Kozak  being quoted and pictured regarding the move was all an elaborate New Years joke by him and the czech club which apparently is a tradition over there - hardly funny for anyone concerned.

Aston Villa’s forgotten man Libor Kozak was part of a New Year wind-up in his homeland.

According to reports in the Czech Republic, Kozak had agreed to join FC Opava on a six-month loan deal, however the story was all part of a December 31 prank.

Kozak was pictured on FC Opava’s website with club officials and was quoted as saying:

“I had a couple of offers from Italy, but in the end I decided on Opava."

However he later posted that it was 'just a joke' and part of a New Year tradition in his country of birth.

Edited by Eastie

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

Not good enough. Release him on a free so he can start again elsewhere

Agreed, was never good enough when fully fit, after his injuries was obviously going to be worse. Lamberts striker signings outside Benteke were atrocious.

Just now, DCJonah said:

Right up there with the shittest players we've ever signed. 

I concur, another total waste of money. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Wow some people's view of Libor make me think they dont actually follow Villa or not aware of anything that actually happened in the last 5 years. 

I think it's more the wording than the sentiment. Obviously he had talent, he was the top scorer in the Europa League. 

Not the worst 'player' we've ever signed, but one of the worst signings we'be made for reasons beyond his control. I don't think that can be argued against.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

I think it's more the wording than the sentiment. Obviously he had talent, he was the top scorer in the Europa League. 

Not the worst 'player' we've ever signed, but one of the worst signings we'be made for reasons beyond his control. I don't think that can be argued against.

I can agree with that completely. I remember when we signed him after benteke and thought he wasnt the type of striker we needed. He was an afterthought, shows how the club was being run back there. 

He has however always acted professionally and some of the comments about him are... well... uneducated would be a nice way of putting it. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Mantis said:

Actually, he was ok before his injury. Having been out for God knows how long though he just wasn't the same, bit like Okore actually. We really have had some shit luck with injuries over the years.

I still haven't got over Luc Nilis. 

• Like 3

Â