Libor Kozák

samjp26

I actually think he was pretty decent in his first season. Not great, by any means, but decent. 4 goals in 11 games is not a bad return at all, even if he looked a bit of a giraffe on rollerskates while he did it. 

He's never recovered from that broken leg, not even close. 

• Like 1

Felt sorry for him, he must have thought "wtf? I'll never last more than half an hour""

Maybe this was RDM's way of saying to Dr X "This is the other striker we have who you havent seen yet" & Gabby "Are you sure you want to wait this out?"

I can see a new striker coming in regardless if he's target 1, 2 or 3

7 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I actually think he was pretty decent in his first season. Not great, by any means, but decent. 4 goals in 11 games is not a bad return at all, even if he looked a bit of a giraffe on rollerskates while he did it. 

He's never recovered from that broken leg, not even close. 

Yep I thought he was useful. Loved his goal celebrations as well.

Sadly I think it has gone on too long and its pretty much game over for him here.

Good luck to the big falla 

• Like 1

He has always been awful and his goals massively overshadowed his performances for us in the past.

He has zero hold up play, doesn't win anything in the air due to the fact he can't seem to jump. Can't fault his effort but nowhere near good enough.

• Like 2

Why was he not given minutes with the reserves up until Saturday? He hadn't played a match since June then suddenly comes on? Really strange.

I think the injuries have destroyed him. Seems more tentative. It's a shame because Libor was decent years ago. He had potential. A target man who is good with his feet, and makes runs. 

16 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Why was he not given minutes with the reserves up until Saturday? He hadn't played a match since June then suddenly comes on? Really strange.

I think the injuries have destroyed him. Seems more tentative. It's a shame because Libor was decent years ago. He had potential. A target man who is good with his feet, and makes runs. 

He was never good with his feet and he certainly never made any runs.

I get it, he broke his leg, it was unlucky for the lad, but to say he's been anything but shocking since the day he signed is nonsense. 

One of the worst players I've ever seen in a villa shirt. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Remember when he got the ball on the half way line and had space in front of him to run!

Hyperbole indeed. 

Untechnical player in not being technical shocker. He's a goalscorer, that's it and thats is all that should be expected of him.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Untechnical player in not being technical shocker. He's a goalscorer, that's it and thats is all that should be expected of him.

Can't believe this myth keeps getting repeated. Absolute rubbish. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Can't believe this myth keeps getting repeated. Absolute rubbish. 

You're misreading - probably deliberately.  That post says nothing about being prolific (or whatever the "myth" is), just that he's a goalscorer.  i.e:  He's not a quick player or a strong player, he's the type that finishes off moves.

The movement for his header against Derby was a classic example, but he put it wide.

Edited by bobzy
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, bobzy said:

You're misreading - probably deliberately.  That post says nothing about being prolific (or whatever the "myth" is), just that he's a goalscorer.  i.e:  He's not a quick player or a strong player, he's the type that finishes off moves.

The movement for his header against Derby was a classic example, but he put it wide.

Showing he's not a goal scorer. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Showing he's not a goal scorer. 

Original post says "that is all that should be expected of him".  Whether or not he achieves this is pretty much irrelevant - it's clear the poster is referring to the player not being about pace etc.

But any chance to repeat for the hundredth time that he's "not a goal scorer" is a win, I guess.

Edited by bobzy

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Original post says "that is all that should be expected of him".  Whether or not he achieves this is pretty much irrelevant - it's clear the poster is referring to the player not being about pace etc.

But any chance to repeat for the hundredth time that he's "not a goal scorer" is a win, I guess.

It needs to be said when people describe him as a goal scorer. 

• Like 1

Needs more gane time before we can really judge him as a player, suspect he was a last resort judging by his fitness levels shown, always seemed to have a good attitude , stick that in Gabby's head and we could have a player we could use 

• Like 1

Â