Libor Kozák

samjp26

5 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Remember when he got the ball on the half way line and had space in front of him to run!

Hyperbole indeed. 

The hyperbole is 'one of the very worst players I've ever seen in a Villa shirt'. He's not even in the bottom dozen from the last three years. 

(Caveat before this post is inevitably misread: that doesn't mean I'm saying he's good)

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

The hyperbole is 'one of the very worst players I've ever seen in a Villa shirt'. He's not even in the bottom dozen from the last three years. 

(Caveat before this post is inevitably misread: that doesn't mean I'm saying he's good)

I'd say he's in the bottom 5 players and certainly one of the worst I've ever seen. 

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I'd say he's in the bottom 5 players and certainly one of the worst I've ever seen. 

Okay, so you're sticking with that huh. 

I think you know I could name nearly a dozen players clearly worse without even trying, but I suppose neither of us is going to benefit from an afternoon of you having to 'sincerely' claim that he's not as good as Bowery or Tonev or Dawkins or Holt or Sylla or Helenius or Crespo or . . . 

6 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Bowery or Tonev or Dawkins or Holt or Sylla or Helenius or Crespo or . . . 

Please stop, i had nearly forgotten about that little lot. 

7 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

He was never good with his feet and he certainly never made any runs.

I get it, he broke his leg, it was unlucky for the lad, but to say he's been anything but shocking since the day he signed is nonsense. 

One of the worst players I've ever seen in a villa shirt. 

This post is just so off basis it's incredible. I actually think you're trolling. If you think Kozak never made runs or was good with his feet, you've never seen him play. Kozak is known for being a big man with a good touch. His passing is actually pretty decent. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

This post is just so off basis it's incredible. I actually think you're trolling. If you think Kozak never made runs or was good with his feet, you've never seen him play. Kozak is known for being a big man with a good touch. His passing is actually pretty decent. 

Known for being a big man with a good touch. I'm sorry, who knows this? His passing isn't decent. 

11 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Kozak is known for being a big man with a good touch

I wouldn't want to doubt you regarding what he's known for, but I can only say that when I've seen him play his touch has been absolutely shockingly bad. And that was before his injuries.

Maybe it was atypical, but he looked like a great big lumbering galoot to me.

I suppose we all have off days, though.

1 minute ago, blandy said:

I wouldn't want to doubt you regarding what he's known for, but I can only say that when I've seen him play his touch has been absolutely shockingly bad. And that was before his injuries.

Maybe it was atypical, but he looked like a great big lumbering galoot to me.

I suppose we all have off days, though.

He was pretty bad to mediocre last match, but as RDM said, Kozak had a foot injury that he is still recovering from and lacked match fitness.

Last season our only decent run of form just happened to coincide with when Kozak was a starter. In those matches, Kozak was decent. He was constantly showing for the ball and playing passes to our wingers and holding up play. He also was making very intelligent runs off the ball which a lot of posters were saying we had been lacking for months since Gestede was just a tree. Anyone can go back on this topic and see those posts. Those matches were in January of this year.

Also pre-injury, Kozak was a pretty big threat for the Czech national team. He ran Italy ragged in a qualifier, and that was with Chiellini and Bonucci at center back. I really thought back then that we were getting a great up and coming striker. I mean he had nearly a 1:1 record in the europa league. Only reason why Kozak wasn't given a real chance at Lazio was because Klose was banging in goals each season. Kozak left to get minutes. 

• Like 1

I think he needs to go somewhere that he is going to play every week for the sake of his own career.  He's never going to get match sharp here after such a long period out.  There's no way of knowing either way what might have been had he not broken his leg, but unsurprisingly the usual suspects exaggerate the negative on here.  Bit sad really.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I think he needs to go somewhere that he is going to play every week for the sake of his own career.  He's never going to get match sharp here after such a long period out.  There's no way of knowing either way what might have been had he not broken his leg, but unsurprisingly the usual suspects exaggerate the negative on here.  Bit sad really.

Agreed. Injuries have ruined his career the past few years. Don't let them ruin his whole career. He is still in his 20s.

45 minutes ago, villanwesty88 said:

What about a 1 month loan to League 1 somewhere like Walsall? 3 or 4 games under his belt would help him loads. 

He's barely had a run of games at any point in the last 3 years. He needs half a season not 3 or 4 games.

2 hours ago, Czechlad said:

I mean he had nearly a 1:1 record in the europa league. Only reason why Kozak wasn't given a real chance at Lazio was because Klose was banging in goals each season. Kozak left to get minutes. 

10 in 11 games that year in the Europa. 0 in 19 in Serie A though (although I don't know how many starts)

He needs to leave to get some games and to see if there is anything decent left in him. At the moment I would choose Gestede every single time, 

20 minutes ago, poitier said:

He's barely had a run of games at any point in the last 3 years. He needs half a season not 3 or 4 games.

My thinking was see how he does after one month, re-assess and if he needs more time then send him on another months loan and repeat. Just gives us the power with having the player available if there was a striker crisis. 

id sent him on loan until Christmas to League 1. best case scenario he bangs in a few goals and he a back-up. worst case scenario he is crap and we ship him out in January on the cheap

his contract is up at end of season?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Xela said:

10 in 11 games that year in the Europa. 0 in 19 in Serie A though (although I don't know how many starts)

He needs to leave to get some games and to see if there is anything decent left in him. At the moment I would choose Gestede every single time, 

His Europa league goals came in about 3/4 games. The rest of the season that year he was abysmal at scoring. 

Wonder if he regrets thinking he was too good for Celtic 

Â