Libor Kozák

samjp26

• 2 weeks later...

It's a mystery to me as to why he's been excluded as much as he has been this season.

I've only seen him in one game live and whilst it was "only" against Notts County, he showed more in that 25 minutes than Ayew did for the rest of the game.  I'm not saying Ayew is terrible either, just that Kozak looked much more threatening and even had a great shot well saved by Carroll.

We haven't got the luxury of not giving him a game.

• Like 4

It's a mystery to me as to why he's been excluded as much as he has been this season.

I've only seen him in one game live and whilst it was "only" against Notts County, he showed more in that 25 minutes than Ayew did for the rest of the game.  I'm not saying Ayew is terrible either, just that Kozak looked much more threatening and even had a great shot well saved by Carroll.

We haven't got the luxury of not giving him a game.

This. All our other strikers are firing blanks atm so why not play our one striker that seems capable of bagging a few?

Not sure why he has been cast off either, you'd think Tim would have learnt from his treatment of Gil who's now the first name on the team sheet. Kozak would offer more than Gestede at the moment IMO as at least he knows the league a bit better.

He had 18 months out with a serious injury, he's probably not match fit yet. Once his fitness improves and his sharpness returns I'd hope Tim would give him a chance.

I think he played and trained all pre-season so he has to be match fit at this stage.

Apparently he was very poor yesterday apart from the penalty. Still think he could be a big player for us though.

Says who? I heard he had a couple of good chances that were nearly converted. I think he'd do alright with the likes of Grealish, Gil, and Traore behind him. 

The official match report basically mentions him three times:

Kozak robbed scorer Crofts of possession but fired his effort just wide.

Kozak worked his way into promising positions but was thwarted by Smith.

Left-back Lewis Kinsella made a marauding run down the left and was fouled in the penalty box - Kozak stepped up confidently to fire past Smith. 

Apparently he was very poor yesterday apart from the penalty. Still think he could be a big player for us though.

Says who? I heard he had a couple of good chances that were nearly converted. I think he'd do alright with the likes of Grealish, Gil, and Traore behind him. 

not an indicator of a good game for a striker

• Like 1

Â