Libor Kozák

samjp26

Kozak scored a hatrick in pre season and isn't good enough, that is a very good point. I wish Sherwood had signed Kozak, he'd be given plenty of time. The guy has played less than 20 games due to injury but is being written off. Hilarious.

Gestede and Ayew showed tonight why it's worth persisting with them.

Debatable. 

Gestede scored and Ayew helped change the game. What's up for debate? 

Ill follow the trend of your original point.

Gestede  touch of the rapist showed tonight why he might not be worth persisting with

Gestede previous shit performance in the prem showed why he might not be worth persisting with.
Ayew previous shit prem performances showed why he might not be worth persisting with.
Kozak games pre-season against lower opposition (similar to gestede/ayew in this game) shows why he might be worth trying out.

Its just a weird thread to post your original comment in. Somehow 45 mins against lower opposition is good enough for one player in the prem and for it to be a reason why kozak shouldnt start but previous prem games and good pre season isnt good enough for kozak

Pre season? **** hell, why didn't you say so. Get him in. 

Kozak scored a hatrick in pre season and isn't good enough, that is a very good point. I wish Sherwood had signed Kozak, he'd be given plenty of time. The guy has played less than 20 games due to injury but is being written off. Hilarious.

Debatable. 

Gestede  touch of the rapist showed tonight why he might not be worth persisting with

Gestede previous shit performance in the prem showed why he might not be worth persisting with.
Ayew previous shit prem performances showed why he might not be worth persisting with.
Kozak games pre-season against lower opposition (similar to gestede/ayew in this game) shows why he might be worth trying out.

Its just a weird thread to post your original comment in. Somehow 45 mins against lower opposition is good enough for one player in the prem and for it to be a reason why kozak shouldnt start but previous prem games and good pre season isnt good enough for kozak

He has played less than 20 competitive games for us, it's weird how you can write him off and yet have complete faith in others. 

Debatable. 

He has played less than 20 competitive games for us, it's weird how you can write him off and yet have complete faith in others. 

I don't have complete faith, in fact during the week i posted in the gestede thread about how utterly useless he'd looked so far.  But tonight he and Ayew have shown reasons to keep persisting with them, and this comes days after the manager was insulted for doing just that over Libor Kozak.

Debatable. 

Posted it in this thread as some were ready to send two brand new signings to the bench in favour of Kozak.  You really think a few games with a new team and at a whole new level show they might not be worth persisting with? That's absolutely ridiculous.  Both players have the potential to have a big impact on our season, Kozak doesn't. We've invested in both players and both are going to get the chance to continue to improve on good performances tonight. 

No i dont think a few games is enough. Thats the whole point. Im not trying to use short sample sizes like you are with this one performance with ayew/gestede as to why kozak should never be in the team. (weird you say its redic but you dont give the same treatment for kozak whos only played 14 games for us).

Debatable. 

Posted it in this thread as some were ready to send two brand new signings to the bench in favour of Kozak.  You really think a few games with a new team and at a whole new level show they might not be worth persisting with? That's absolutely ridiculous.  Both players have the potential to have a big impact on our season, Kozak doesn't. We've invested in both players and both are going to get the chance to continue to improve on good performances tonight. 

No i dont think a few games is enough. Thats the whole point. Im not trying to use short sample sizes like you are with this one performance with ayew/gestede as to why kozak should never be in the team. (weird you say its redic but you dont give the same treatment for kozak whos only played 14 games for us).

What do you want me to use? It's a short sample size because that's all they've played. And tonight, days after the manager was told he was wrong to persist with them by some who favour kozak, they've both played a big part in winning an important game. 

Gestede did little last night apart from show he can head a ball. Kozak still offers more in terms of movement and hold up play.

Ayew looked great, but he played a totally different position.

Kozak could still play a part in the meantime. And should have already played a part in our season.

I think it's clear Sherwood doesn't rate him, so I'm beginning to doubt we'll ever see him play. Which is a shame.

Debatable. 

What do you want me to use? It's a short sample size because that's all they've played. And tonight, days after the manager was told he was wrong to persist with them by some who favour kozak, they've both played a big part in winning an important game. 

So, basically, don't give Kozak a chance when Gestede/Ayew aren't playing well because Gestede/Ayew might come good.  If they come good, Kozak gets nowhere near the team.  However, when they're not doing well, keep persisting with them in the hope they come good rather than playing Kozak.

Is that you, Tim?

Edited by bobzy

Yeah, I'll pass again thanks.

Nice to have Tim Sherwood on VillaTalk!

I call dibs on Second Half Sherwood! (cue 'I'm Spartacus' chorus.)

Yeah, I really don't rate Kozak, but I do feel a little bad for the chap.  It seems dynamism is a big word for Sherwood, and Kozak's just a bit of a caravan in a race of coupes.  Even lumpy dumpy Gestede hits into the dynamic paradigm, his surging head the desired destination of all the dreamed-of close passes, neat overlaps and whipped-in crosses.  Tim clearly dreams of fast, aggressive, dynamic football.  Not Kozak's forte.

But then Sherwood sticks Clark in midfield with his Gunnersaurus-in-chains routine and I don't know what to think.  Who else wants a go at being Tim?

• Like 1

wonder if Gabby is out whether he will make the bench.

Well you know your answer now. He ain't getting a look in. Another stick to beat Sherwood with, but worthy in my opinion.

least of my worries with Sherwood. I can deal with Kozak being out. Dont understand it but thats fine. His midfield selections and tactics... on the other hand.......

Â