Libor Kozák

samjp26

Under Lambert I thought he made a mistake in not picking Grealish more,  in fact I think a move to Bristol City was lined up at one stage.

Under Sherwood not picking Libor is a huge mistake.  We need goals,  he will score them

based on?

Both Gestede and Ayew had good scoring seasons last year. Kozak has had one good cup run (4 games) and a spell in the Czech second division. 

All of a sudden its clear he's the answer and Sherwood is wrong. OK then.

Under Lambert I thought he made a mistake in not picking Grealish more,  in fact I think a move to Bristol City was lined up at one stage.

Under Sherwood not picking Libor is a huge mistake.  We need goals,  he will score them

based on?

Both Gestede and Ayew had good scoring seasons last year. Kozak has had one good cup run (4 games) and a spell in the Czech second division. 

He's not the answer.

But I would bet my mortgage that he'd be doing more than Ayew or Gestede are managing at the moment.

You missed out the spell in our team where Kozak actually scored a few goals for us in your summation of his past.

Gestede and Ayew may well develop into better players than Kozak. I bloody hope they do. but at this precise moment in time they're both wank. Kozak isn't. Until they're up to speed Kozak should have featured more.

• Like 3

based on?

He's not the answer.

But I would bet my mortgage that he'd be doing more than Ayew or Gestede are managing at the moment.

You missed out the spell in our team where Kozak actually scored a few goals for us in your summation of his past.

Gestede and Ayew may well develop into better players than Kozak. I bloody hope they do. but at this precise moment in time they're both wank. Kozak isn't. Until they're up to speed Kozak should have featured more.

exactly

based on?

Presumably based on scoring goals when he has played for Aston Villa?

It's clear that it's worth giving Kozak a chance.  It's clear that Gestede and Ayew don't offer much to the team at the moment (especially Ayew).  It's clear that we need someone with decent movement in the box to have a chance of scoring goals.  It's clear we lack an in-form striker.

Where's the harm in giving Kozak a chance at being "the answer"?

Worryingly I'd rather we could play Kozak and Weimann than Gestede and Ayew.

I thought we were trying to replace Benteke with two strikers to share the load. What I didn't realise was that we were actually trying to replace two squad strikers with less able, but crucially less well paid, players.

I keep seeing comments like 'you'd think Kozak was Ronaldo the way people talk about him being on the bench'

Well, replace Kozak with Gill and you'll have the same comments from last season, when Sherwood was so right about Gill.

Plenty of players looked 'wank' in pre season. Kozak, who has just come back from nearly two years out showed great movement, good touches and scored a few goals. Agbonlahor outshone him in the 'wank' league by a fair distance.

• Like 1

Kozak looked wank in pre season yet some claim he looked boss, he's just not very good. Simple as that

Waste of 7m for a player that didn't even score once in Seria A

How does a striker who scores 3 in 3 look wank? Did his technique in the goals he scored look poor? Gabby looked awful in preseason yet he starts every match and continues to not score any goals. He hasn't scored a goal since Sunderland last season and that includes preseason matches. And no one is claiming he is a great player or looks "boss". We are just fed up with our current strikers and think Kozak deserves a chance. Aside from Gabby, Kozak is the only striker who has actually played a season for us and scored goals for us in the premier league. 

• Like 1

Kozak looked wank in pre season yet some claim he looked boss, he's just not very good. Simple as that

Waste of 7m for a player that didn't even score once in Seria A

He still scored a few goals. Some said he looked wank when he played in the premier league but he still scored a few goals.

At the moment Ayew, Gabby and Gestede look wank and aren't scoring a few goals.

I know which I'd prefer.

I'm far from his biggest fan, and last season thought that Kozak could be given the responsibility of replacing Benteke would have sent shivers down my spine. 

However, we are where we are, and given the form (or lack of) of Gestede and Ayew, the inconsistency of Sinclair and consistently poor Gabby, I can't find an argument within myself for him not to start. In fact he may very well be the best option we have.

He looked wank in the forest friendly but other than that he was decent and in the wolves friendly he was quality, scored 2 goals, 1 of which was a great strike from outside the box and also put himself about and was making runs all game. Sherwood is just being a stubborn prick.

based on?

He's not the answer.

what I've seen of Kozak, he seems to be wank. He scored 4 goals for us, quite how that can lead to a statement like "we need goals, he will score them" is beyond me. 

Ayew and Gestede have both looked very poor so far, but neither have had much of a look in as a central striker so I think it's a bit much to claim a player who hasn't played at this level for 18 months and who before a horrific injury, wasn't really playing great, is now suddenly going to come in and do so much better. 

Kozak should start to get a chance if this continues but Ayew and Gestede are going to get a proper chance to get up to speed due to the investment in them and the potential they could have on our season. I doubt Kozak would offer much more at this moment in time. He's certainly done nothing to be the sort of player the manager is insulted for not playing. 

based on?

Presumably based on scoring goals when he has played for Aston Villa?

It's clear that it's worth giving Kozak a chance.  It's clear that Gestede and Ayew don't offer much to the team at the moment (especially Ayew).  It's clear that we need someone with decent movement in the box to have a chance of scoring goals.  It's clear we lack an in-form striker.

Where's the harm in giving Kozak a chance at being "the answer"?

i think he should get a chance. I would allow Ayew and Gestede a bit more time but there will come aa point where Kozak should be in. I just disagree with the idea that he's guaranteed to score goals and that he's the type of player the manager deserves stick for not playing. 

Â