Libor Kozák

samjp26

Has to be better than the utter garbage gabby

Needs to be playing chap. Gestede will score the odd goal but get no better. Ayew may as well go in Jan, cannot see him improving, an sorry but we have no time to train a 10 million pound player to score goals.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-boss-tim-sherwood-10095512

Libor Kozak is still way down the pecking order despite Aston Villa’s strikers bagging just one goal between them this season.

Boss Tim Sherwood confirmed that he favours Rudy Gestede, Gabby Agbonlahor, Jordan Ayew and makeshift forward Scott Sinclair ahead of the ex-Czech Republic international who has not featured for a single minute in the Premier League this term.

Kozak still travels to away games with the team and has made the matchday 18 in half of Villa’s top-flight games but he was again left out for the weekend defeat to rivals Albion.

“At the moment I favour the players in front of him,” said Sherwood.

“I will always have a striker on the bench.

“I had two on there (against Albion).

“Libor is still at the football club so he will be considered like everyone will be.

“Everyone who is here and has a squad number will be considered for the Premier League.”

Kozak is said to be training hard and determined to force his way into Sherwood’s plans.

Last week the 26-year-old scored for the U21s but that didn’t help his case as he had to watch from the sidelines.

Gestede is the only striker to have scored for Villa this season but the manager insists he isn’t worried.

“On Saturday I don’t think they got an awful lot of service to feed off so I couldn’t be critical of them and they worked very hard,” he said.

“All I can do is to ask them to work as hard as they do in training.

“We’re hoping it’ll just click and something will fall for them in front of goal.

“Am I worried? No. I would be more worried if we weren’t creating chances or working hard enough in training to put that right.”

Bloody ridiculous Tim. 

Edited by StefanAVFC

Dont see how he can be behind the rest must be at least on par. 

And we didnt really create many chances Saturday, Gil's one was it really other than 3 free kicks in good areas that were all poorly executed.

Deserves a start imo but maybe he is still off the pace a bit after that leg break, but then again most the squad looked off the pace against olbiyun

Wouldnt be the first time he got it wrong with in regards to players in the side. At least hes turned the corner with Gil.

Kozak must get more of a look in. He should be starting a few more games.. He has better movement than the other strikers combined.. has a knack of being in the right position which is crucial in creating chances. Bit hard to put a through ball for a statue.

• Like 1

I think it's clear the manager has made his mind up on Kozak already. He's not the answer to our prayers but based on what I have seen of him he's be a useful option at the moment. Tim sees him everyday in training so he should know. At the end of the day if he was good enough he'd be in the team. It's not like he has a lot to beat.

Under Lambert I thought he made a mistake in not picking Grealish more,  in fact I think a move to Bristol City was lined up at one stage.

Under Sherwood not picking Libor is a huge mistake.  We need goals,  he will score them

Libor has shown in his few games with us that he does have the knack of sticking the ball in the back of the net, which is something our other strikers have failed to do so far. It cannot hurt to give him a few games, even if coming off the bench. I guess that Sherwood like most managers would, is going to favour his own signings.

There's a lot of pressure for managers to favour their own signings, as they can be blamed for those players not being value for money. He'll want to show that Gestede and Ayew weren't terrible purchases after all. It doesn't get better for Kozak - if those two players start improving, he doesn't get a game, and if they don't, well the chances are there will be another new manager soon enough in that case. 

Â