Libor Kozák

samjp26

I like Libor but I dont think his movement is all that TBF, I think he's a good finisher and has the nouce to get himself in good goalscoring areas. Given enough games I think he would do OK for us.

However Sherwood feels he is lacking in other areas (which I think is probably fair enough) as long as his replacement is better I'm happy.

Is he our best striker? Gestede and Ayew are both coming off good seasons last year. Gestede scoring over 20 and Ayew getting double figures. When was the last time Kozak managed that?

On current evidence of what's been produced for the club yeah, but there's not much to go on. He's averaged a goal every 195 minutes for us, not including his impressive pre-season tally. 

Ultimately you would obviously hope Gestede and Ayew turn out to be better options, particularly as all-round players which is where Kozak falls down a bit, but I'm just saying they've proven even less as this level than Kozak has. 

Strange how he has been frozen out when he was the only player to be scoring goals (something we rae struggling with)

Why not play him tonight against a lower league side and see how he performs before getting rid? he has had a hell of alot less chances that lame gabby

Is he our best striker? Gestede and Ayew are both coming off good seasons last year. Gestede scoring over 20 and Ayew getting double figures. When was the last time Kozak managed that?

Agree.

Gestede's last two seasons he's scored one in two, Ayew had a good haul last season. Kozak hasn't been prolific or even a regular player anywhere apart from his breakthrough season at Opava, he seems to be rated purely down to his 'ratio' for us but this doesn't really carry much weight as it's from such a small number of games. If we're going to base it on this then technically Gestede is ahead of him anyway, as he's scored a goal and played 152 minutes.

Edited by penguin
  • Like 1

Yeah but Gestede had a below average game on Saturday so, he's shit. Ayew has started slow so he's shit.

#VTrules.

• Like 3

He managed it exactly two seasons ago.

Eh?

He managed it exactly two seasons ago.

Eh?

.......manged to score double figures in a season........

It's not the best, WhoScored and Spccerway are more in depth and easier to see in detail. He hasn't scored double figures in a season since he was at Opava, he scored 8 in the Europa league in 12/13 but failed to score a single goal in the league that year in 19 appearances.

Â