Libor Kozák

samjp26

Under Lambert I thought he made a mistake in not picking Grealish more,  in fact I think a move to Bristol City was lined up at one stage.

Under Sherwood not picking Libor is a huge mistake.  We need goals,  he will score them

based on?

Both Gestede and Ayew had good scoring seasons last year. Kozak has had one good cup run (4 games) and a spell in the Czech second division. 

All of a sudden its clear he's the answer and Sherwood is wrong. OK then.

He's not the answer.

But I would bet my mortgage that he'd be doing more than Ayew or Gestede are managing at the moment.

You missed out the spell in our team where Kozak actually scored a few goals for us in your summation of his past.

Gestede and Ayew may well develop into better players than Kozak. I bloody hope they do. but at this precise moment in time they're both wank. Kozak isn't. Until they're up to speed Kozak should have featured more.

what I've seen of Kozak, he seems to be wank. He scored 4 goals for us, quite how that can lead to a statement like "we need goals, he will score them" is beyond me. 

Ayew and Gestede have both looked very poor so far, but neither have had much of a look in as a central striker so I think it's a bit much to claim a player who hasn't played at this level for 18 months and who before a horrific injury, wasn't really playing great, is now suddenly going to come in and do so much better. 

Kozak should start to get a chance if this continues but Ayew and Gestede are going to get a proper chance to get up to speed due to the investment in them and the potential they could have on our season. I doubt Kozak would offer much more at this moment in time. He's certainly done nothing to be the sort of player the manager is insulted for not playing. 

All of our strikers are wank.

But Kozak seems to be the one most likely to score goals. So I'll take that over the rest of them any day of the week.

Until Gestede and Ayew are up to speed, Kozak should be getting more of a look in.

How are they going to get up to speed if Kozak is played ahead of them? I'd also disagree he's more likely to get goals. His goal scoring record throughout his career is pretty poor and he hasn't played at this level in 18 months. I think Kozak also will need to get up to speed, there's no way he's going to hit the ground running after the time he's missed. 

I'd rather get Gestede and Ayew more first team football to get them going. 

That's why I said he should be "getting more of a look in".

I completely agree he shouldn't be playing every minute of every game.

I get it, you've made your mind up that Kozak is shit. But if you're arguing that Kozak doesn't deserve any game time when Ayew and Gestede look so far off the pace then you're just mking yourself look silly.

That quote "At the moment I favour the players in front of him,"

Does that actually mean exactly what it says, in what context did this answer come?  Hard to believe he come out and said he favours the players in front of him, who are these players...the ones he's already picking...is he really saying that kozak is end of the list.  And these players, I suppose "strikers", what has their scoring record been thus far and what is it that he prefers about them...they wear nicer smelling aftershave or what?

That's why I said he should be "getting more of a look in".

I completely agree he shouldn't be playing every minute of every game.

I get it, you've made your mind up that Kozak is shit. But if you're arguing that Kozak doesn't deserve any game time when Ayew and Gestede look so far off the pace then you're just mking yourself look silly.

I've said that if this continues he should start to get a look in, I've said it a few times. I just don't think he will do much and strongly disagree with the comment Richard made, about him scoring the goals we need and disagree with insulting the manager for not playing him.  

Gestede and Ayew showed tonight why it's worth persisting with them.

Debatable. 

Gestede scored and Ayew helped change the game. What's up for debate? 

I would argue Gestede maybe. Ayew haven't gotten enough game time. We'll see. However, it does kinda feel like his villa career is over.

Debatable. 

Ill follow the trend of your original point.

Gestede  touch of the rapist showed tonight why he might not be worth persisting with

Gestede previous shit performance in the prem showed why he might not be worth persisting with.
Ayew previous shit prem performances showed why he might not be worth persisting with.
Kozak games pre-season against lower opposition (similar to gestede/ayew in this game) shows why he might be worth trying out.

Its just a weird thread to post your original comment in. Somehow 45 mins against lower opposition is good enough for one player in the prem and for it to be a reason why kozak shouldnt start but previous prem games and good pre season isnt good enough for kozak

• Like 1

Kozak scored a hatrick in pre season and isn't good enough, that is a very good point. I wish Sherwood had signed Kozak, he'd be given plenty of time. The guy has played less than 20 games due to injury but is being written off. Hilarious.

Debatable. 

Gestede  touch of the rapist showed tonight why he might not be worth persisting with

Gestede previous shit performance in the prem showed why he might not be worth persisting with.
Ayew previous shit prem performances showed why he might not be worth persisting with.
Kozak games pre-season against lower opposition (similar to gestede/ayew in this game) shows why he might be worth trying out.

Its just a weird thread to post your original comment in. Somehow 45 mins against lower opposition is good enough for one player in the prem and for it to be a reason why kozak shouldnt start but previous prem games and good pre season isnt good enough for kozak

Debatable. 

Posted it in this thread as some were ready to send two brand new signings to the bench in favour of Kozak.  You really think a few games with a new team and at a whole new level show they might not be worth persisting with? That's absolutely ridiculous.  Both players have the potential to have a big impact on our season, Kozak doesn't. We've invested in both players and both are going to get the chance to continue to improve on good performances tonight. 

Â