Libor Kozák

samjp26

I must be honest, and as much as I admire his passion, this signing, especially for the reported fee, baffles me more than any other under Lambert.  Kozak is as slow as a tugboat in treacle, his footwork often seems clumsy and cumbersome, he's no great shakes in the air, his physical presence is negligible, and worst of all, I struggle to see any real compatibility with the style of other Villa players.

Obviously I sincerely hope I'm being a presumptious buffoon, but I secretly suspect many others feel the same way but are crossing their fingers and hoping for the best.  I dread the backlash in this forum three months from now.

Edited by Shomin Geki

Oh yes, and additionally, you know all ain't right at the club when people are resorting to supporting 'nice guys' rather than 'good players'.  Seriously, 'honest professional' is preferable.

Edited by Shomin Geki

Not a bad option as a back up but from what I saw last year he's not good enough to be a regular starter at this level.

That's a bit harsh he had a broken leg all of last year apart from a couple of days, not surprised he didn't look good enough :)

But seriously he made 14 appearances. In those games I think he did as much to think he could be a good signing as to that he won't be good enough. Either way it is far too early to make a decision, let's just hope he comes back at the level he was and then see what he can do.

I'm not sure that view holds much merit, which goal scorers in the past have people not liked because they just score goals?  I can think of Bent last season but I could see why others didn't rate him much.  When he first joined he was loved while scoring goals for fun so I think you've made a comment to have a go at a made up group of people. And i'm not sure after scoring 4 goals in his villa career Kozak can be classed as a player who scores goal.

He's shown he was able to take a few chances but his overall play and contribution during the game wasn't much.  If he's scoring goals for fun then the other stuff doesn't become much of an issue but that's yet to be seen if he can score goals on a regular basis.

• Like 2

I like Libor. He has a knack or being in the right place and finishes well. If he gets no service he won't make much impact on the game. But sometimes we can do with his style against some sides. Wouldn't put it past him to get 10 goals

I'm not sure that view holds much merit, which goal scorers in the past have people not liked because they just score goals?  I can think of Bent last season but I could see why others didn't rate him much.  When he first joined he was loved while scoring goals for fun so I think you've made a comment to have a go at a made up group of people. And i'm not sure after scoring 4 goals in his villa career Kozak can be classed as a player who scores goal.

He's shown he was able to take a few chances but his overall play and contribution during the game wasn't much.  If he's scoring goals for fun then the other stuff doesn't become much of an issue but that's yet to be seen if he can score goals on a regular basis.

Think he may have been being facetious for comedic effect mate...

He doesn't seem like a Sherwood type player to me. Don't know, but would be surprised if he featured too often. 

He comes off as the type of person who's game Sherwood might be able to improve even further! I like him too!

• Like 1

I just think the praise some are doling out is more indicative of low expectations for the club.

Who can seriously say they picture Kozak and think 'wow, that football lark's pretty awesome'?  How many anticipate misty-eyed reminisces about his glorious heroics in five years time?

I mean, seriously, be honest.  And isn't that what football is about in many ways.  As everyone keeps, correctly, saying, it ain't just about getting over the line, be that the goal line or the heady utopia of 17th place.

Edited by Shomin Geki

He's shown he was able to take a few chances but his overall play and contribution during the game wasn't much.  If he's scoring goals for fun then the other stuff doesn't become much if an issue but that's yet to be seen if he can score goals on a regular basis.

He was not getting praise on here. It was pretty much 50/50 on whether or not the fans liked him. He came into a new league and struggled a bit with Lambert's tactics, but he was still scoring goals despite that. Kozak often would basically do nothing all match then pop in with a goal. A lot of the arguments were that he brings nothing to the team despite scoring back then. 

I think Kozak is a sherwood type player. Posters are saying he is slow and not good with his feet and that's completely wrong. I think he will do well under Sherwood. 

• Like 1

I just think the praise some are doling out is more indicative of low expectations for the club.

Who can seriously say they picture Kozak and think 'wow, that football lark's pretty awesome'?  How many anticipate misty-eyed reminisces about his glorious heroics in five years time?

I mean, seriously, be honest.  And isn't that what football is about in many ways.  As everyone keeps, correctly, saying, it ain't just about getting over the line, be that the goal line or the heady utopia of 17th place.

He barely played a dozen times before breaking his leg dude, maybe give him a bit more of a chance eh?

Oh, and seriously how many of our current squad members are you expecting to have 'misty-eyed reminiscences' about? I can only think of one. 

He's a striker that VT'ers hate. He scores goals. Doesn't go down well here because he needs to have many many other qualities to be accepted, blistering pace, unquestionable pin point perfection in the air, the strength of ten Danny Shittu's, cost less than 3mill but good enough to be sold for 100mill.

Sorry Libor, you'll have to take your goal scoring abilities else where, it's not good enough here.

He has a hell of a lot of enthusiasm and seems to score goals despite his lack of a defining quality. I've got a lot of time for him and think the abuse he's getting now is completely and utterly unwarranted. Doesn't surprise me, mind.

• Like 2

Who can seriously say they picture Kozak and think 'wow, that football lark's pretty awesome'? How many anticipate misty-eyed reminisces about his glorious heroics in five years time?

I mean, seriously, be honest.

Yeah sure, why not? He's already got a back story. Not every player who makes me feel that way had ability in abundance.

I like Libor. He has a knack or being in the right place and finishes well. If he gets no service he won't make much impact on the game. But sometimes we can do with his style against some sides. Wouldn't put it past him to get 10 goals

The 10 goals is very welcome....but it's how that translates in to points is the big issue.

He seems a decent fella, hope he does well.

I 'm really looking for a dean Saunders type, hope the boss is?

Â