Libor Kozák

samjp26

As our squad stands at the moment Benteke is the only player who I'd back to score more goals than Kozák, in a season.

Well if Benteke is scoring the goals than Kozak wouldn't be playing so I doubt he would score too many.

If fit I'd back him to get into double figures in terms of goals scored, even if just coming from the bench.

As our squad stands at the moment Benteke is the only player who I'd back to score more goals than Kozák, in a season.

Well if Benteke is scoring the goals than Kozak wouldn't be playing so I doubt he would score too many.

If fit I'd back him to get into double figures in terms of goals scored, even if just coming from the bench.

No way Jose!

I just think the praise some are doling out is more indicative of low expectations for the club.

Who can seriously say they picture Kozak and think 'wow, that football lark's pretty awesome'?  How many anticipate misty-eyed reminisces about his glorious heroics in five years time?

I mean, seriously, be honest.  And isn't that what football is about in many ways.  As everyone keeps, correctly, saying, it ain't just about getting over the line, be that the goal line or the heady utopia of 17th place.

the old lower expectations argument is back

You are only saying that because you've lowered your expectations of VT.

Kozak knows where the back of the net is but don't do a fat lot else in a game.

Some would say that's a good thing/sign of a great striker etc, but the fact is Benteke did so well for us because as well as being a finisher he was also the nearest thing we had to a flair player and could fashion chances for himself. 

I think Kozak is a fair enough fringe striker that will get you a few goals over a season if you can get the right balls in for him, but he certainly can't pick up the mantle. We need at least two new guys in that position before end of August.  

I don't expect much from Libor. It's been so long since he played, and I really didn't like him before his injury either. He did score a few, but... we need to get in two better strikers.

• Like 1

He has a part to play, he's very physical and is very lively in the box, he's able to sniff out a chance and is a decent finisher. I really don't understand the logic in getting rid of him.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

He has a part to play, he's very physical and is very lively in the box, he's able to sniff out a chance and is a decent finisher. I really don't understand the logic in getting rid of him.

I wasn't proposing to get rid at this point, he won't have any value. Just don't put any of your hopes on him.

People keep going on about his strike rate but he's never scored lots of goals.

With us he scored 4 league goals, the year before he managed 0 and the previous 3 he scored 8, 4 and 6.  He had one great spell playing in the europa league yet he's spoken about like he's a natural goal scorer.

I think he will chip in with a few goals and is an ok back up option but i'm hoping we bring in 2 new strikers with the benteke money and Kozak is down the pecking order.  If we rely on him for a long period of the season I think we will be in serious trouble.

• Like 1

He scored 4 with us and then had his leg snapped and hasn't played since.. His first game back though against Fulham last week he scored straight away. The guy has goals in him.. 

• Like 1

But apart from a spell in the europa league one year he really hasn't.

The most league goals he's ever scored in a season are 11 and 8 and both of those seasons were in the Czech second division.  I think he'll chip in with a few but I don't get why people talk about him like some sort of natural goal scorer.

Edited by DCJonah
  • Like 1

Â