Libor Kozák

samjp26

Definitely a very long way to go fitness wise, looked a lonely figure against Braga.

I like him though; he watches the play with intelligence, tries to predict loose balls and is a handful in the box. I really like his ability to link play too and that makes up for his lack of pace. 

In my mind what he gives us in the final third is similar to Tekkers, he's just nowhere near him when it comes to moving onto goal with the ball. That's where a partner or midfield support will be imperative, plus Sherwood must make best use of the less support able players like Sinclair and N'Zog.

He's scored our only goal this season ;)

He's scored 100% of our goals this season #statscanproveanthing

He's scored in every game we've scored in this season

I think he'll have an excellent season. Amavi and Bacuna whipping crosses for him, Gil and Grealish putting it on a plate for him and then he himself holding it up for Gueye and whoever else to spring forward into the space.

• Like 1

He's scored our only goal this season ;)

He's scored 100% of our goals this season #statscanproveanthing

He's scored in every game we've scored in this season

He's infinitely better at goalscoring than our next top goalscorer.

4 goals in 780ish minutes of football - 2.2 games per goal.

Benteke worked out at 1.9.

Kozak provided an admittedly small sample but still, it's encouraging.

That stat is for Benteke over three seasons though isn't?

I'd be interested to see the stat for Benteke after the same number of games thT Kozak has played.

4 goals in 780ish minutes of football - 2.2 games per goal.

Benteke worked out at 1.9.

Kozak provided an admittedly small sample but still, it's encouraging.

That stat is for Benteke over three seasons though isn't?

I'd be interested to see the stat for Benteke after the same number of games thT Kozak has played.

It took Benteke 534 minutes (by my calculations) to reach 4 goals.

But it then took him another 443 to score his 5th goal.

So after 780 minutes of football, benteke also had only scored 4 goals for Villa.

Edited by Stevo985

Thanks, that kind of emphasises the point I was trying to make, it really is too early to judge with any accuracy.

Exactly.

He might end up being totally crap.

But it's too early to come to that conclusion now, imo. Especially as what we've seen has been decent.

I thought we paid £7m for him, where's this figure of £4m come from?

We only play one striker up front, don't think we need 2 new strikers as many are saying. Kozak and Gabby between them can play back up to the main man - whoever that may be.

Gabby hasn't played as a striker for a good few years, hence his lack of goals. I genuinely think its his best position playing solo striker.

One thing I like about him is that he always gives it 100%, which means we will get more from him. For example, even if we say Bent is a better player, if he only gives 60% when he players, Kozak would still be the better option because he will push himself to get into positions whereas the player who gives 60% won't.

Just using Bent as an example. Could also say N'Zogbia, or even Agbonlahor, who is often seen with hands on hips.

Â