Libor Kozák

samjp26

He's hardly played any practice games though. I'd say he'd be in no shape whatsoever to start even a meaningless premier league game.

Much rather he properly sorts himself out during the summer, has plenty of pre season games and he should be ready for start of next season.

• Like 1

He won't have the pressure, his replacement will. If Benteke goes I think there's more chance of me playing for Barca next season than us NOT signing striker.

Edited by kurtsimonw

A lot of pressure on this guy to step up now if we lose Tekkers and struggle to replace him...

That would be madness considering he hasn't played a league game since December 2013.

As it stands I fully expect our strike options next season to be:

Benteke/new signing

Gabby

Sinclair

Kozak

young striker on loan like maybe Bamford or Callum Robinson given a proper chance.

So:

Benteke/New signing

Somebody clearly not good enough

Somebody who isn't a striker

Somebody who has barely played in 18 months

Somebody who has almost no experience in the prem

Doesn't fill me with confidence.

• Like 1

So:

Benteke/New signing

If we're signing 3-4 new strikers this summer that's likely 30-40m. We don't have that and we need other areas of the team like the defence to rebuild.

I'm hoping for more goals and creativity from midfield so that will hopefully balance out some of the goals we lose from Benteke if his replacement isn't very good.

A lot of pressure on this guy to step up now if we lose Tekkers and struggle to replace him...

That would be madness considering he hasn't played a league game since December 2013.

As it stands I fully expect our strike options next season to be:

Benteke/new signing

Gabby

Sinclair

Kozak

young striker on loan like maybe Bamford or Callum Robinson given a proper chance.

We won't get Robinson on loan. I don't think we can really expect anything of Kozak so we have we have to prepare for the eventuality that we are really only going to have Gabby as an out and out striker next season so may need to sign two and try and get somone like Bamford on loan. 

Edited by PaulC

It depends what formation Sherwood plays dosen't it, don't forget if we continue playing the two number 10s, it will be Grealish and another and Benteke/his replacement leading the line so if that's a regular one  Gabby and Kozak as back up is fine I think.

Switch back to 4-4-2 and yes we need a bit more depth upfront now Weimann is going. Sinclair will play but probably wide on the left.

So:

Benteke/New signing

If we're signing 3-4 new strikers this summer that's likely 30-40m. We don't have that and we need other areas of the team like the defence to rebuild.

I'm hoping for more goals and creativity from midfield so that will hopefully balance out some of the goals we lose from Benteke if his replacement isn't very good.

I think keeping Benteke, letting Weimann and Gabby go and trying to get one guy to replace them, would work.

We'll more than likely be playing with one guy up front next season, so we don't need 3-4 strikers. Tekkers, Kozak and Robinson might just do it actually.

Â