Libor Kozák

samjp26

I couldn't give two shits what he's done for anyone else.

For us he's been decent. If he continues to be decent then he'll get game time. If not then hopefully we'll have enough options that it won't matter too much.

Would much rather have him playing regularly than Adebayor.

• Like 2

But apart from a spell in the europa league one year he really hasn't.

The most league goals he's ever scored in a season are 11 and 8 and both of those seasons were in the Czech second division.  I think he'll chip in with a few but I don't get why people talk about him like some sort of natural goal scorer.

You may be right, and then again you may be wrong. I'll just quote this here to use against you in future if he bangs them in, as he well might :)

For us he's been decent. If he continues to be decent then he'll get game time. If not then hopefully we'll have enough options that it won't matter too much.

I didn't say you had to.  I asked why he was spoke about like some sort of natural goal scorer when what he's done in the past doesn't show that.

And i'd take Adebayor over him every day.  He scored 4 goals and put in some very average to poor performances, i don't class that as decent.  I think had others players done similar it also wouldn't be classed as decent.  For some reason people have a soft spot for Kozak.

I didn't say you had to.  I asked why he was spoke about like some sort of natural goal scorer when what he's done in the past doesn't show that.

And i'd take Adebayor over him every day.  He scored 4 goals and put in some very average to poor performances, i don't class that as decent.  I think had others players done similar it also wouldn't be classed as decent.  For some reason people have a soft spot for Kozak.

The quality of his performances are your opinion. I don't think many people would agree that they've been "average to poor" for us.

He's called a goalscorer because he's scored goals for us. No, not a huge amount, but he's only had a handful of appearances at a time when he was settling into a new country, league and team. A team that was, quite frankly, really shit.

So it's not so much people having a soft spot for him. It's more people understanding that the guy hasn't had a chance yet. He's been here for ages but his Villa career in terms of playing team is incredibly young. When he's had games, for us, he's scored a decent amount of goals.

• Like 3

I'm struggling to think of games where he looked good.  City at home and Cardiff at home are the only ones I can think of where I thought he played well.  Speaking about him as a natural goalscorer after scoring 4 goals seems daft to me.  He is still early into his career here and his injury hasn't helped and he may turn out to be a solid premier league player.  But so far he's shown very little in terms of being a goal scorer in his career. 

Edited by DCJonah

This thread reminds me of some of the stuff posted in the early days of the Benteke thread.

That isn't to say we have another player of Benteke's class on our hands but rather that I really don't think we've seen enough of him to judge.

But people do love to write of a player early despite the examples like Benteke and Milner where early views are proved so very wrong.

This thread reminds me of some of the stuff posted in the early days of the Benteke thread.

That isn't to say we have another player of Benteke's class on our hands but rather that I really don't think we've seen enough of him to judge.

But people do love to write of a player early despite the examples like Benteke and Milner where early views are proved so very wrong.

I'm not saying he's 100% guaranteed to fail here, I'm not saying there's no chance of him being a good player for us.  Just from the little i've seen I don't think he's that good.  He's incredibly slow, in a league where pace is a big thing and I don't think he's technically good enough to make up for that. I think he's capable of chipping in with a few goals and being down the list of strikers at the club, helping out in a few games throughout the season.

Which is about all we are likely to ask from him isn't it? And is about all you can expect from a striker that cost £4m in these days of prices for strikers.

This guy cost half what Bournmouth just spent on a full back.

And half what we just spent on a full back

I'd fear the worst on this one, reckon he's finished as a footballer unfortunately

Not picking on you specifically Risso as I saw similar from others,  but I recall reading this at the time and thinking 

a) Bit harsh

B) Hope to fk you are wrong!

So I'm glad Libor has been involved presaeason!

I hope he continues to do well pre season. If anybody deserved a bit of good fortune and a run of games its Libor. I can see him playing more of a role coming off the bench but it would be fantastic if he grabs a few goals and turns out to be like a new signing for us.

Â