Southampton

NurembergVillan

On 26/09/2020 at 15:42, robby b said:

Southampton have turned into Peru! My favourite international shirt.

It's a very smart looking shirt, and if I were a Soton fan, I'd want it to be the new official strip. It would set them apart from all the other clubs who wear the red and white stripes.

I'd love to see Villa try a cross stripe for a season. Claret with a blue stripe.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Seems like a really emotional guy, in the interview on BT after the game I swear he came close to crying at one point.

He had a cry when they beat Liverpool recently too, though for very different emotions of course.

This is a good thing, I like him a lot, good manager and they will bounce back again.

4 minutes ago, sne said:

Southampton have requested that Mike Dean and Lee Mason do not officiate any of their upcoming fixtures in the near future. Can't say I blame them :D 

There seems to be a pattern emerging with a few refs, they need to be made more accountable. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sne said:

Southampton have requested that Mike Dean and Lee Mason do not officiate any of their upcoming fixtures in the near future. Can't say I blame them :D 

Lee Mason not the 1st time this season a club has come out against him, wonder will they apologise to Nuno and give him his money back

38 minutes ago, sne said:

If that means we get that pair of pork swords more often, they can **** right off.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Farlz said:

Feel bad for Hassenhuttl. I think he's a brilliant manager but Saints just give him nothing to work with.

They've had a nightmare window, that squad is down to the bare bones and all they do is bring in Minamino on loan, the one area they don't need reinforcements. You think we have terrible depth have a look at Saints.

With a manager like Ralph in charge what an opportunity to back him, shame for Southampton fans I guess. 

Kind of agree with this, but did he really have no say at all in player outgoings? Yan Valery isn't brilliant, but he's a senior right back that they sent to SHA on deadline day, and then promptly gave a debut at Old Trafford to a kid who's about 7th choice.

With the squad they've got they've done very well not to be involved in a relegation battle last season or this season, until around Christmas they had been one of the most in form teams in the league over the previous calender year, this is the league table from Christmas 2019 to Christmas 2020, that's almost a season worth games, and they were joint fourth over that period.

Their form has dropped off a bit over the last seven or eight games but overall Hasenhüttl has done a very good job, I expect their form to pick up again this season, the 9-0 will probably serve as a wake up call, but wouldn't be surprised to see them struggle next season.

Hasenhüttl might even decide he's taken them as far as he can and get out whilst he still has a good reputation, I imagine there would be a lot of other clubs that would take him as their manager.

I grew up in the New Forest after my family moved there in 1995-1996 (But I was born in Sutton Coldfield - hense the Villa connection).

Southampton are comfortably my second favourite team and I always want to see them do well - except for when they play us...

The result last night will have wounded them... They are on the ropes due to a laundry list of injuries...

Not a nice time to be a Saints fan right now

• 4 weeks later...

Injuries have not helped but boy they are really sinking fast...I still don't think it will happen, but in this craziest of seasons could a team that was in the Champions League places a third of the way through the season really get relegated?

59 minutes ago, a-k said:

Injuries have not helped but boy they are really sinking fast...I still don't think it will happen, but in this craziest of seasons could a team that was in the Champions League places a third of the way through the season really get relegated?

Doesn't really matter. The important thing is that they were top at some point, which basically means they won. They'll always have these beauties to remember it by:

stop-the-count-t-shirt-red.png?mw=500

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, a-k said:

They wont go down.  No chance.

I think his jobs seriously at risk though. Could see them going for howe

Â