Southampton

NurembergVillan

They really shouldn't get relegated - but my God, talk about a key run of fixtures:

Sheff Utd (A), Man City (A), Brighton (H), Burnley (H), West Brom (A), Palace (H)

If they manage to somehow mess that run up, they'll be in big trouble.

Without Ings and Ward Prowse they dont really offer that much quality, Redmond and Che Adams are not of the required standard for me and defensively they arent great at all. Vestergaard another that is ridiculously overhyped by people on here because he scored vs us but isnt a great defender

• 10 months later...
24 minutes ago, useless said:

The Athletic and other media outlets reporting that they're about to be sold. I think an announcement is due this afternoon.

Arab/Asian/American overlords?

Edit just seen the news links. A price of a Jack Grealish can get you an entire Premier League Club complete with a 32,000 stadium.

Edited by The Fun Factory

I think they're Serbian, apparently Rasmus Ankersen who played a big part in Brentford and their current set-up is involved. No idea if they're mega rich or not, but will be interesting to see if they make many changes, I feel Hasenhüttl has done an underrated job, doing well to be looking fairly safe from relegation, so would have thought no need to make a change there, but with new owners you never know.

1 hour ago, useless said:

I think they're Serbian, apparently Rasmus Ankersen who played a big part in Brentford and their current set-up is involved. No idea if they're mega rich or not, but will be interesting to see if they make many changes, I feel Hasenhüttl has done an underrated job, doing well to be looking fairly safe from relegation, so would have thought no need to make a change there, but with new owners you never know.

Weren't the last lot "rich"? 

Did a lot the right way... Until Liverpool decided to buy all their players, I'd be pissed if I was a fan and sceptical of what the new lot would bring, it's pretty futile (same as the rest of us) 

The only silver lining is that these new owners surely must understand what the PL is? None of this spend £100m and get CL in 3 years nonsense 

liebherr maintains her 20% stake. I think this is probably a good change in ownership for southampton. They will have more firepower but still probably won't be throwing cash around. I think the new owners will aim to be savvy and efficient in the transfer market, aiming to supplement their first team with solid first team additions whilst making use of the youth team.

as they are ex private equity, i am guessing that at some point they will want to move on and make a profit on the club, which considering the purchase price dosen't seem an unrealistic aim within 5-8 years.

They didn't really seem to be going anywhere under their former majority owner and regressed massively from when they were first promoted, so its got to be a good move from a fan perspective.

I had no idea they were owned by a Chinese group

£100million is a small price for an established Premier league football club, if they don't sound anything in the summer the new owner has got he's money back just by being in the prem

4 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

£100million is a small price for an established Premier league football club, if they don't sound anything in the summer the new owner has got he's money back just by being in the prem

It's not really. Premier league clubs tend to be loss making businesses. If they went down then trying to recoup your investment back would be impossible. Taking 10 million out of the club for ten years and trying to keep them up isnt so easy either. Basically you are hoping you can buy low sell high with your players and make money from the youth team. 

• 2 months later...

Shambles of a team, embarrassing for us and the Premier League that they are mid table. Hassnhuttl deserves a medal i

Ward Prowse was anonymous that Broja won a competition to play

Edited by Zatman

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

Shambles of a team, embarrassing for us and the Premier League that they are mid table. Hassnhuttl deserves a medal i

Ward Prowse was anonymous that Broja won a competition to play

Or, they were fatigued after three games in a week………

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Yeah, looked it. They have been very good for months now. 1 defeat in the last 10 in the league before yesterday. We caught them on a rare off day and demolished them with some top class forward play, take nothing away from  us.

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I think they're the same as us, season is finished, not going up not going down, they will have a few weeks where they don't turn up 

Their problem for a few years now has been when they don't turn up they get spanked 

Newcastle and Watford up next, watch them comfortably win both 

Their form over the previous 11 games, before playing us was 6 wins, 4 draws and 1 loss, i know we beat them 4-0, but i was very impressed with their football style, they can really keep the ball and had some lovely passages of play, i could see why their form was so good prior to us beating them.

Â